Pneumatic or Ridgid battery brad nailer, stapler

Thread starter #1

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Give me your suggestions. I’m leaning toward battery for my shop.

jimbo4116

Tired Mod
Staff member
I have pneumatics that I have had since before cordless. If I was replacing I would go cordless. Air hoses are an aggravation plus there is air compressor to drag around.

As for brands I have Hitachi (Metabo) cordless drills and impact driver that have been good
reliable. Also have Hitachi pneumatic nailers that have been good and reliable.

Piggybacking here.
Should I get a brad nailer or a finishing nailer? To re-install crown molding in an old house with plaster walls. The nails were at least 2.5 maybe 3 inches which seemed like overkill.

Batjack

🥃 Cap`n Jack 🥃
Piggybacking here.
Should I get a brad nailer or a finishing nailer? To re-install crown molding in an old house with plaster walls. The nails were at least 2.5 maybe 3 inches which seemed like overkill.
Finish nailer and the longest nails that'll go in it... trust me, put many miles of crown up and you NEED the long nails. I could do it with 2 in. nails but prefer longer.

You would think brad nailer for crown molding but as mentioned, finish nailer because you'll need the length.

I guess it's that 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in terms of air vs battery. I went with air because I mostly use it in my shop. It is a hassle though dragging the Pancake compressor inside the house for molding, etc.