points and arrowheads in Cherokee County.

JonathanG2013

Have any of you ever found any points or arrowheads in Cherokee County. Been in the county since 2007 and have not found any yet. I bet there could be some near the Etowah River.

Sixes

A lot of the Etowah is on Corp of engineers property and it is illegal to remove any artifact from their property. There was a big dig where Walmart is located and a lot of the stuff is at Reinhardt College.

JonathanG2013

A lot of the Etowah is on Corp of engineers property and it is illegal to remove any artifact from their property. There was a big dig where Walmart is located and a lot of the stuff is at Reinhardt College.

Thanks for the info. I also talked to a father of one of the kids that is on my son's golf team. His company does soil samples. He said the new bridge on 372 in ball ground took a while to build because they found part of an indian village when they are digging in the dirt.

ghadarits

"Thanks for the info. I also talked to a father of one of the kids that is on my son's golf team. His company does soil samples. He said the new bridge on 372 in ball ground took a while to build because they found part of an Indian village when they are digging in the dirt."
My dad retired from the GA DOT and every time they build a bridge over water there is some type of archaeological survey done before construction starts. I was fortunate enough to get to be involved in several digs as a young man growing up in the 70's and 80's. We found some really cool artifacts but they are mostly in a box on a shelf in a warehouse to never be seen again.

ghadarits

Have any of you ever found any points or arrowheads in Cherokee County. Been in the county since 2007 and have not found any yet. I bet there could be some near the Etowah River.

If you keep looking you'll find some. Its more of figuring out what to look for to really find them. 90% of the ones I find I only see a portion of it exposed but have been doing it long enough to know what I need to really look at and what is just a tricker. It's rare for me to find one sitting on a pedestal of dirt but I do find them like that just waiting to be picked up every once in a while but thats mostly in plowed fields.