Poor man’s paradox-ish

Ward12constable

Just hear me out. I have a Husqvarna model 51 12 gauge 2 9/16th chambers side by side, that the barrels separated on. The gun is sound. I was going to make a “poor man’s paradox on. I will regulate the barrels with shim and and jack screws at the muzzle similar to the Baikal double rifles. I was thinking of using flush mount rifled chokes with a Fosbery or Minie style conical projectile. Now I don’t want to blow up, but I want as potent a round as I can get for it, and Ed Hubel is the man to ask about this. Any advice is welcomed. I want to keep the barrels at 29 inches. Thanks in advance.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Welcome to the forum!

Interested in seeing what happens here. Maybe I will learn something new...

fauxferret

Are you wanting a true paradox gun or are you wanting a double rifle? I did a conversion about 10 years ago taking a old Steven’s sxs and sleeving the barrels in 45-70. I’m going to tell you right now regulating barrels is a much tougher task that it seems. It’s like playing golf easy to learn easy to play impossible to master. There’s a book dedicated to the whole ordeal. It ain’t cheap when you can find it but it gives you a lot of information
Building Double Rifles on Shotgun Actions by Ellis Brown