Pop up adds

switchbackxt1

Guys,
Those pop up adds are a nuisance and block most of the screen. It’s pain to deal with when we are surfing. It’s a bunch of crap. Please do something about it.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Are you running an adblocker? Pop up adds are not a problem for those of us who are running Adblock Plus, or Ghostery, or any number of other good adblockers.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Guys,
Those pop up adds are a nuisance and block most of the screen. It’s pain to deal with when we are surfing. It’s a bunch of crap. Please do something about it.
We do. Constantly. We tell people to download Adblack Plus. It's free, takes about fifteen seconds, and works. I haven't seen one of those ads in years on either my desktops, laptop, or phone. We have absolutely no control over the ads from this end, but just download Adblock, and you won't have to worry about it.

trents99

What worked for me on an Android phone using chrome was to go to settings for chrome then site settings, scroll down to javascript. In there add the forum.gon.com as an exception.

This blocked all the top, bottom, side ads that were on the screen. I don't see some embedded videos in posts but I can live without those.

GunnSmokeer

I think I'm about done here until y'all get this garbage under control. There's an ad that takes up the bottom half of my screen all the time, and sometimes another will pop up on top of it.

That one occupies the top of my screen leaving me nothing to see except the bar on the very top of the page.

I'll post a screenshot / screen capture.

F9F02BD8-0F08-49A7-B100-A6E50506307D.png

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It doesn’t work, I’ve installed the ones you recommended they are still popping up aggravating big time
When u use advlocker.
It looks like it does it for you.
I thought the same.
You have to go into your settings and do it like it shows you.
Let me know if that was it.