Pop up ground blinds?

snook24

Im looking for good options on types of ground blinds to longbow hunt out of. With a compound bow I could use any option but now need a little more space. I've got two areas I'd like to use them. The areas have no trees to climb and or no cover. Not to mention it would be nice to have a place to hunt in the rain. 7 days spent in rain all day long last year has made me a little wary of next fall. Also what are your thoughts on shoot through mesh? I've shot a deer through it before but like others opinions. Thanks!

Todd Cook

Not really sure, but I've given it some thought myself. I've tried to shoot out of an ameristep but it's too short. Reach out to Jerry Russell. He uses them with clients turkey hunting I think.

snook24

Not really sure, but I've given it some thought myself. I've tried to shoot out of an ameristep but it's too short. Reach out to Jerry Russell. He uses them with clients turkey hunting I think.
Yeah I'll do that. Thanks! I forgot he uses them.

bowhunterdavid

Check out the Primose Double Bull Surround View Stakeout Ground Blind, it looks like a V when put up. It has no top are back and three windows to shoot out of. Cabela's has them for 99 bucks. I have one and its very light and easy to carry in your back pack. I sit against a tree and you are covered real good. Its a great run and gun blind for turkeys. I carry a dove stool to sit on. With my recurve i do better shooting of my knees in it. It's only about three feet tall. Sometimes i just sit the ground and then get up on my knees to shoot. I do not like shooting through mesh, but that's just me. It messes my vision up.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I use a double bull. I have not had a problem with leaving the mesh down in the front of blind on deer or turkeys. Hogs will bust you as soon as you move if you don’t have the mesh up.