Popups

JohnK

I have a new android tablet that is pretty much unusable on this site due to adds. My computer, phone and older tablet all work fine. I do have adblocker plus on the computer. Anyone else afflicted?

transfixer

I am having issues with pop up ads on my phone,, just recently started in the last week or two, at times its so bad I can't view the threads,,, doesn't happen with any other site,, only this one ! I don't want to have to download a pop up blocker because they come with their own set of issues,,, not sure what changed? but something did ?

whchunter

I have a new android tablet that is pretty much unusable on this site due to adds. My computer, phone and older tablet all work fine. I do have adblocker plus on the computer. Anyone else afflicted?

I guess there is no fix because as of 5/21 it's still happening ?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Install an ad blocker and the popups will go away.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Should or shouldn't. It is how it is. I use an ad blocker and I never see ads, popups, or redirects on Woody's. GON, the magazine, is running ads on the right hand side of the page. The money from that keeps us in business here. An ad blocker will fix it for you. Most of the other stuff is fed to you by your computer and not by Woody's.

brandon

Administrator
Forum admin here. We do not employ / utilize / allow any type of pop up ads on the forum. As JustUs4All said in the previous message, any pop ups you are seeing are a result of something else that has been covertly installed on your device somewhere along the way.

For the record, I do not use an ad blocker at all and have zero pop ups on this site.

This link may help:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-popup-ads/

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Thank you sir I am certain that some will find that website helpful.

Dusty Roads

I'm using Laptop with latest Microsoft OS&seciruty update,I'm getting minutemencoffee.com popup each time I change Forum&Classifed pages(I x it still returns).
It's located bottom left.
ONLY happens on GON.

DoubleRR

are there any truly free Ad Blockers... the ones I have tried are free to install (they say they are free) and then I find out that the downloads are for a Free Trial period... would like to find a Good Dependable totally free Ad Blocker...

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have never paid for an adblocker. They generally offer a free version that gives basic protection and a more fancy version that has a cost.