Pot calls

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Who makes good pot calls??? Wanted to attend the show, but wasnt able to on the count of work.

Buckman18

There are plenty of good ones around. One that I like a lot is @drewpatt here on the forum. Ive had good luck with his pots and boxes.

Bubba_1122

I like Pecker Wrecker slate calls.

I like David Halloran's Crystal Mistress glass call.

And of course the next question is what kind of strikers do you run them with.

UGATurkey

I have too many pot calls (according to my wife), but my go to lately has been a MadHatter Calls copper pot.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Too many to name.. Stick with GA boys like Redbeard (madhatter) or Paul Durham. Great guys who make GREAT calls. Dymondwood or snakewood are my favorite strikers. Darren Dawkins from NC also makes amazing pot calls. Stoned aluminum in the plastic pot is just plain ridiculous in the turkey woods.

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
I like Pecker Wrecker slate calls.

I like David Halloran's Crystal Mistress glass call.

And of course the next question is what kind of strikers do you run them with.
No, I actually do make my own strikers. Thanks for the sarcasm though ??

TomC

You just simply can't beat a Halloran Crystal Mistress, easy to use and sounds GREAT. I've about determined that this and my SS Custom Calls box from Al Shoemaker is all I will ever need. Now, with that being said if you wan't a piece of turkey hunting history give Ol' Lonnie Sneed a call and order a couple of his pots. If you order now you might have them for the 2021 season.

Last edited:

Turkeytider

You just simply can't beat a Halloran Crystal Mistress, easy to use and sounds GREAT. I've about determined that this and my SS Custom Calls box from Al Shoemaker is all I will ever need. Now, with that being said if you wan't a peace of turkey hunting history give Ol' Lonnie Sneed a call and order a couple of his pots. If you order now you might have them for the 2021 season.

Right there with you on the Crystal Mistress. If there was ever a pot call hall of fame I think it would have to be a charter member. The only box call I take in the woods is also an SS walnut over poplar. My foul weather pot ( also good enough for dry weather ) is an Enticer Aluminum Thunder from Al Holbert. You can literally play the thing under water with an acrylic or carbon fiber striker. The pot`s made of corian, so you can flip it over, rough it up with a Scotch Brite pad ( green ) , and play soft clucks, yelps and purrs. You won`t think they can hear it, but I`m witness to the fact that they can!

Mr. Harold`s osage over snakewood two piece has got to be one of the best strikers ever turned. I was fortunate enough to get to know Mr. Harold and get two from him, one for me and one for my long time friend and hunting buddy. Derrick Stuckey ( Obsession Calls on Ebay ) makes an excellent macassar ebony striker, among others.

Last edited:

blt152

Y'all are missing out if you don't give Lonnie Mabry in Canton, Ga. a call. Some of the sweetest sounding pot calls you'll ever play. He makes excellent box calls as well. He also has a large selection of exotic wood strikers as well.

Sixes

Lots of great call makers out there, it just depends on what you are looking for and what you want to spend.

I second Lonnie Mabry, but you have to visit him in person to get his calls but it is well worth the time to visit.

Brad Roberts, my personal favorites
Ricky Padgett, Spring Allure calls
Paul Durham
Dean Redbeard Mudhenke, Madhatter calls
Gary Anderson Daybreak
Lee Chadwick Misfire
David Halloran
Lon Trice, Lonzo

Tons of call builders

delacroix

BANNED
You need one tuned for how you play. Which means you need to play before you buy. Which means you shoulda gone to Unicoi.

In GA. I suggest a visit to Olin Humphries. Excellent old school tune. Tim Sanford was moving to GA last I heard. Those are pure turkey killing modern tune pop.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ll second Olin Humphries. Excellent calls.

Gaswamp

many good recommendations already. Another that goes under the radar sometimes is Ty custom calls (Kevin Cantrell)