Poult Report 2020

Juan De

Laurens

6 to 8 roughly a week old on mother’s day

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
A member of my club saw about a dozen with 2 hens and said they could fly. This was yesterday in Johnson county

Turkeytider

We could use some rain I suppose, but the relatively dry weather should hopefully be good for poults. That`s as long as there`s been enough moisture periodically for insects.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
We could use some rain I suppose, but the relatively dry weather should hopefully be good for poults. That`s as long as there`s been enough moisture periodically for insects.
I agree , that with the truck load of egg eaters and 14 coyotes I’ve trapped off the property I hunt I’m sure hopeful for a decent hatch , but haven’t seen any yet

Turkeytider

I agree , that with the truck load of egg eaters and 14 coyotes I’ve trapped off the property I hunt I’m sure hopeful for a decent hatch , but haven’t seen any yet

Geeze ant, sounds like Predator Central! Kinda not surprised if you haven`t seen any! I do hope that`s one huge piece of property.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Geeze ant, sounds like Predator Central! Kinda not surprised if you haven`t seen any! I do hope that`s one huge piece of property.
300 acres , surrounded by a lot , still with plenty of turkeys

hdgapeach

Saw about a dozen in my back yard in Heard County May 10th. Very small and running around like a bunch of ants - hence the estimated dozen instead of an accurate count. I'd get to about eight or nine and they'd bust out running around. I couldn't keep up! All of those were with one hen.

Tail Chaser

Tift
May 7th- 11 poults
May 11th- 8 Poults
Both broods were less than 1 week old. They were so small, they were getting hung up on clover stems. I hope they make it.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
May 15th- 3 poults in view in person. One took flight 4 ft up and about 30 ft.
Cell cam since- 3 poults in view 2 weeks old
May 17th 8 poults close to 3 weeks
May 25th 3 poults 2 weeks
May 27th 9 poults with 2 hens in view. 2 and 3+ weeks old, Troup

turkeykirk

I have had several pictures of hens on my cams but sadly nary a poult yet.

Same for me. Have seen some hens but no poults. Would be hard to see them in the tall grass.

DRBugman85

Checking out our 2 Leases this morning and seen multiple hens and a LOT of poults from bitty size to being able to flying size, sadly seen some bobcat tracks on the roads also, time to give the traper a call again this year. Hopefully some mite survive to maturity.

Juan De

Saw around a dozen poults roughly bigger than a quail. They were led by two hens