Poults in Wilkinson county

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good news , I seen a nest full of eggs and hen already setting on April 11 , Coffee co . I would assume if they made it they have hatched

buckpasser

Poults everywhere in Brooks/Thomas now. I’d say most of the first nesters are walking poults around now. Saw one in the Highway ditch with hers the past 2 days. I wish her well.

buckpasser

On a separate note, the new season regs put basically all useful breeding completed before season opened down here. I think that’s a bit extreme. It would be like a Christmas opening day for deer.

BASS1FUN

Seen poults on April 25th on some public land been seeing them every now and then between the 23-26 of April

six

Saw my first in GA and AL the last week of April.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I haven’t seen any in West Ga yet but have been keeping a eye on a nest beside my dads driveway . Just so happens it’s in a cow pasture that hasn’t had cows in it for a few years . They’ve been cutting it for hay . Turned cows in it today . Hopefully they don’t stomp it .

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I found some little poult tracks yesterday in hogansville.

Big7

The Oracle
No Turkey much in my county except extreme south but I did see my first Rabbit Kit of the year while I was riding my bike today.

spencer12

I saw a gobbler with 3 jakes Saturday in the middle of the field while driving home from a morning hunt. Two hens were in a corner turn row right by the road with about 20-25 poults about twice as big as a quail in South Ga. Also seen several more hens all alone

Latest posts