Practicing Native American tribal & Christianity?

Zelix

I have a few Native American friends, full blooded Cherokee, they are Chrisitians and they believe "God of heaven and earth"....sometimes they will refer to earth as mother earth, because that's where God's children live, and consider the earth precious because it belongs to God.
It seems to sorta blend together to me and they have the same beliefs basically that I do about Jesus, etc.

The ones I know also believe in the supernatural as I do, and that their loved ones are waiting on them, in another place, as I do.

I think it would be quite interesting to explore that more, too.

Nice post. I agree.

DCHunter

We (European decent) mix it too. Almost every holiday we celebrate is a mix of pagan and Christian religions. God never meant for us to be Jews. He just wanted us to accept his Gift.

Artfuldodger

We (European decent) mix it too. Almost every holiday we celebrate is a mix of pagan and Christian religions. God never meant for us to be Jews. He just wanted us to accept his Gift.

I think the mixing of Christianity with Pagan holidays was to get more Pagans to convert. It was easier to blend Christianity into already established events that people were participating in than to start new ones. It might of helped save a lot of lost souls. People like holidays & celebrations especially before television, movies, amusement parks, vacations, etc. became part of our lives. Festivals were the main event.

Sargent

They both were long gone before my birth, but my great grandmother came from a long line of Cherokee "medicine people" and my great grandfather was a primitive Baptist preacher.