Praise Report: Self-control with respect to food

LittleDrummerBoy

Praise report: Praying for self-control.
Week ending 1/2/2021 210.0 lbs
Week ending 1/9/2021 207.1 lbs
Week ending 1/16/2021 204.3 lbs

The second week of establishing new food habits (less food) has been easier. Not nearly as much distraction due to hunger in the late-morning and late-afternoon. Higher level of focus on my science and ministry tasks. It was a jolt to my system to sit down for dinner last night with only one chicken leg-thigh in front of me with lots of veggies and a salad. In my 20s and 30s - my standard consumption at dinner when we had chicken was THREE leg-thighs. In my 40s, I cut that back to TWO leg-thighs. Slowing metabolism and reduced exercise now has me down to ONE. At least I'll be better prepared if our nation's food supplies run short.

God in heaven probably laughs, cause he also sees all the hungry people all over the world. Me, I give thanks and remember the line from Red Dawn:

"There's half a million scarecrows in Denver who'd give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval."