Prayer request for my mentor...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
This morning I woke with a heavy heart from the bad news I received yesterday from one of my favorite people in my life right now.
As a result, I did something for the first time in my life since I was a very young boy. I bowed my head, close my eyes, and folded my hands and prayed out loud.
'Miss E' called and told me yesterday that she has a very aggressive form of breast cancer and will be going into surgery early Wednesday afternoon.
I feel that she was put into my life by the will of God and she has been helping mentor me. A year ago or so, she gave me a very personalized and special Bible. We have regular talks about such, and when I told her I was having a hard time picking a good spot to start reading and was having a hard time understanding what I was reading, she told me to just start in Psalms. About the time things started to click, she sent me a study Bible, with timelines, and footnotes, and plenty of addendums. It was just what I needed to help me understand the written word.
I feel blessed that a person of her caliber and spirituality has spent so much of her time and attention on me and my quest for a personal revelation. She is somewhat of a public person persona and I would not like to reveal her identity to the public until she does.
I thanked God for putting her in my life and prayed for him to please keep her in my life a while longer. I would appreciate any additional prayers for her that could be mustered up.
Thank you,
...1eye.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Prayers sent

1eyefishing

Having a difficult time this morning keeping the tears from welling up...
But I had to get out to Home Depot to get something done.
My Pandora played me this at the end of my drive back home...

1eyefishing

Another prayer went up this evening already during a talk with Miss E.
I am also having surgery tomorrow late morning. Fifth time since late May related to my kidney stones. This time just pulling stents out...(again).

Please pile 'em on boys...
Thanks.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I'M GLAD THAT I SAW THIS THREAD BEFORE I WAS GOING TO LOG OFF A MINUTE AGO.

MY PRAYERS ARE BEING SENT UP FOR BOTH OF YOU DURING THIS TOUGH SPOT IN THE ROAD FOR BOTH OF YOU. ::;::;::;::;::;::;

JUST KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A LOT OF STRONG SHOULDERS HERE TO LEAN ON WHEN NECESSARY AS I HAVE FOUND THAT TO BE THE CASE ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS IN MY LIFE WHILE BEING A MEMBER HERE. SOME OF THE MOST CARING PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET IS RIGHT HERE ON THIS WEBSITE !!!