Pre-Front Smackdown on Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I haven't posted for a while because I've been a little under the weather and I also blew the motor on the Ranger 2 weeks ago. I had a Merc 225 pro xs that just gave me problems for years. I finally blew a cylinder so I'm repowering with a 225 sho. It should be here any day. Now to the fishing. I hadn't really been out for 2 weeks until yesterday. We fished a 40 boat tourney yesterday and pulled up with 8-9lbs for a midpack finish. Today a friend picked me up at the dock mid morning and we hit the main lake and absolutely wrecked them. What a difference a day makes. This front coming in had them chewing today. Water temps are around 70 and the lake is dropping and a little over 4 feet down from full pool. Here's a few pictures from today. I would guess we had at least 20 fish with the best 5 bass up around 18-20lbs. Here's a few pics.brandt.jpgbrandt1.jpgbrandt2.jpgbrandt3.jpgbrandt4.jpgbrandt5.jpg

Wow. Those are nice fish. Sorry to hear about your engine. Seems like your boat is only a few years old, but time goes by faster than it used to.

Was your Mercury not still under warranty?

Thanks for sharing.

littlejon

Nice fatties! I went out this afternoon to check on a few crappie locations but the lake told me otherwise. Caught 18 in two hours. 15 spots and 3 stripers. Not sure what was going on out there.

Scout'nStripers

Wow. Those are nice fish. Sorry to hear about your engine. Seems like your boat is only a few years old, but time goes by faster than it used to.

Was your Mercury not still under warranty?

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks CPrestridge. The motor was an 08 and had about 1400 hours on it. No warranty on the motor.

Scout'nStripers

Hope you get 25 years out of it! That's about how long I would have to finance a new motor!
LOL....I hear ya Jocko. To be honest I thought long and hard about just selling the boat for what I could get out of it rather than explaining to my wife that I'm spending boo koo on a new motor for my old boat.

Scout'nStripers

You sure are brave getting in the boat with that crazy cat! lol Great fish!
LOL... I know, right? We have rules when I'm in the boat. He can't take that 300hp Bullet over 60mph.

TroyBoy30

I like razzing him, but I went through the same thing. I came from a 14 foot stratos with a Johnson 50 on it. I thought all you did was hold the wheel. A high performance boat is a totally different animal. My last stratos was 19-6 with a hpdi 200 and would start walking around 70. Once it clicked though you can correct it before it starts. Just don’t ever try to drive through it. Just trim down till it stops and start over.