Price of a pup ?

Hillbilly stalker

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy.
"Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies."
"Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money."
The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.
"I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?"
"Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle. "Here, Dolly!" he called.
Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse.
Slowly another little ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up...
"I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt.
The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would."
With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands."
With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup. Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy.
"How much?" asked the little boy...
"No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love."
53703485_1284351758384169_5805122834300665856_n.jpg

Last edited:

turkeykirk

Great story! Nothing like a boy and a dog.

j_seph

I do not want to take over your thread but this story means something to me. A deacon from our church called me a few weeks ago. He wanted to know about a friend of mine on FB that had beagle pups for sale. He proceeded to tell me about Breeleigh. See she had a lung transplant, her body started rejecting it for some reason. Maybe a year later they wanted to do another transplant and at 17 years old she said no. She was done fighting, and said she knew God was waiting on her. She had told her mom in the hospital that God told her he was coming to get her. She also told her mom that God was sitting right there in the room with them, he was waiting on her. From my understanding she removed her bypap breathing device herself. She left behind a 13 year old sister and a 5 year old brother and her parents thought that maybe a puppy would help them to relieve some pain. I could not stand to hear much more when I sent our deacon a picture of 2 beagle pups I had in hopes of selling them until this moment. I told him to send the the pictures and whichever one they wanted it was theirs. A week ago they were weened and given shots and I got to meet these beautiful souls. You talk about tear someone up, this was the same precious smile she had when she came to the house and seen it. I am amazed at how God moves and works on our lives when and how we would at least expect.
71487394_706126546530330_2134658278653689856_n.jpg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
God is great!

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Both awesome stories!!

Several years ago I was between jobs and money was tight, my grandsons wanted a squirrel dog so bad. Their mom was a single parent trying to stay above water and their dad was and still is a low life who only thinks of himself. I posted a want add on SQDC and a fellow up in Nashville told me to come pick up 2 cur pups he had.

When I got there he gave me the pups and the papers to both of them! One was a Mountain Cur and the other was double reg. mountain and Kemmer cur!

Them boys still have the Kemmer someone stole the Original Mountain cur.

WishboneW

Both awesome stories!!

Several years ago I was between jobs and money was tight, my grandsons wanted a squirrel dog so bad. Their mom was a single parent trying to stay above water and their dad was and still is a low life who only thinks of himself. I posted a want add on SQDC and a fellow up in Nashville told me to come pick up 2 cur pups he had.

Take a real low life to steal a dog

When I got there he gave me the pups and the papers to both of them! One was a Mountain Cur and the other was double reg. mountain and Kemmer cur!

Them boys still have the Kemmer someone stole the Original Mountain cur.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
This is a great thread. Thank you all for posting.

Mark K

Banned
Dang it man! I knew better than to read that! It appears I must be allergic to something in the air cause my eyes are tearing up...

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great story and you are a good man j-seph.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I'll second what Bo$$ said, this thread is really about good men.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."