Primitive Success

oldfella1962

awesome! Is that real snake skin or a purchased pattern of backing? Regardless it looks great.

GrayG

It is real. I killed a couple last deer season. I didn't realize how quick I could move until one of them rattled 10 feet behind me.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great accomplishment , and one that not many have accomplished , congrats !

oldfella1962

I hear that! GrayG - A few years ago I was walking down a sandy road in the middle of the day, quite a distance from the lake I was going to hunt next to. I was glancing down every now and then as I walked and as I was stepping I noticed something black in the road just behind my lead foot and I broke a world record in the long jump! :eek:

Once I was a bit past the black object I looked again and it looked like a discarded shredded bicycle tire - until it started moving that is. Then I saw it was a water moccasin and about that time it let out a very loud hiss and I saw that white in it's mouth. Well I can't say it wasn't trying to warn me! I was surprised to see a water moccasin far from water, but google said it's not uncommon. After that I stopped hunting in running shoes and bought some snake boots. Of course I've never seen a venomous snake since, but the snake boots do a great job of keeping chiggers off me.

Swamprat

Swamprat
A fantastic trophy.