Primos Proof Cam 03 first pics...(updated pics)

TurkeyDreamer

I went to pull the first SD card today. As the camera is in a dark timber bottom, most of the pics (even daytime pics) are not in color. The night time quality appears consistent with most "black flash" cameras on the market. It is apparent that I will need to change the night vision shutter mode to high, as the blurring is not acceptable on the low setting. The overall daytime picture quality was exceptional. However, I was disappointed that many of the daytime pics were subject to motion blur as well.

I didn't get to change the setting today since I did not view the pictures until I got home, but the next time I check the camera, I will change the setting and then post pictures again in the future.

Last edited:
That's rare to see motion blur in the day light I thought anyways lol.. The color looks nice

1gr8bldr

In the woods..... it thinks it is still nigh time. Frustrated

1gr8bldr

Got to love how it formats a card:yeah:

TurkeyDreamer

Here are some more pictures from the same spot. I changed the night time flash to high speed. The night time images are better, but there is still evidence of motion blur during the daytime. I wouldn't think an animal moving the speed of a walking turkey would have this much blur. Thoughts?

That's just weird I haven't seen much day time motion blur from to many cameras.. I'm gonna go see what I can find out about it

Haven't seen a fix or anyone really talking about it being much of a issue for them. Most post I read on chasing game forum jaunt said the day time had some motion blur when moving . It seems to me that most all IR or BLack flash cams are gonna have motion blur with movement I don't know why but they just do. The home brews I have and had don't the only way I have seen motion blur with a homebrew is when an animal was running warp speed. I have had them jumping moving and all Kimds of stuff and are clear as a bell. Don't get to caught up and all the marketing hype about mega pixels and all that most of the stuff you read are nothing more than marketing tricks.

Hairtrigger

I put a few of these out a few months ago. Having same issue you are. Quite a few blurry pics of deer in motion. Also, having a lot of pictures with almost nothing in pic. Its snapping picture before the animal even gets in camera view. Will have sliver of deer ear or head and then nothing else (because deer walked by and didnt feed). It seems the motion detector is not set properly.

GTHunter007

I put a few of these out a few months ago. Having same issue you are. Quite a few blurry pics of deer in motion. Also, having a lot of pictures with almost nothing in pic. Its snapping picture before the animal even gets in camera view. Will have sliver of deer ear or head and then nothing else (because deer walked by and didnt feed). It seems the motion detector is not set properly.

If a camera has a fast detection circuit that matches or exceeds the field of view, you MUST take that into account when setting it up and keep a safe distance from your target. Hopefully they will get in front and be captured. To fix this issue, set the camera to burst mode and take multiple shots per trigger. That way you may get 3 pictures over the course of just a short distance moved by the animal. Then drop the delay down if not over a feed station to hopefully have it trigger as often as possible while the animal is in front.

You can also set it at an angle to your projected travel path to get them coming towards or walking away instead of crossing right in front.

Different setups for different cameras is very important. Slow cameras can still be valuable if placed properly. While fast cameras can cause issues if set the same way. Just have to think it through and know how your camera performs trigger and reset wise to maximize what you are getting. :cheers:

I agree with GT. One thing you can do is to place a small piece of electrical tape on each side of the sensor on the left and right start with small strips and increase until you get it where the deer or target is now in the camera lense zone. Or do as GT suggested which is also good

apkorda

if these ideas do not serve well - change your camera location about 5-10 more yards and the angle... allow for a wider area of view - distance to camera perspective will reduce (maybe eliminate) the blur.

TurkeyDreamer

I moved the camera to a different location. Overall, the pictures are good. There is definitely motion blur at night time on anything moving faster than a walk, although this is not unexpected. I have to say the daytime pictures are better without any real motion blur. I have found that the second picture when set to two-shot burst is always just a tad lighter but often clearer.

I'm more pleased now than I was a few months ago. I think this camera, like others, is very dependent on location and placement.