Private Property Hunting questions

Razorback

What is the answer or where can I find it...

So if I have enough land (30+ac) in rural farm land area with a decent deer habitat, can I hunt the land w/o a hunting license? Can my son hunt there w/o a hunting license?

Again I’m looking for a source of an the answer or legit answers. I also expect wrong answers too.;)

bilgerat

Senior
Georgia resident landowners (as defined; declared Georgia their only state of legal residence as shown by a Georgia driver’s license or official GA ID card with a Georgia address) who are hunting on their own land or hunters hunting on land that is owned by their immediate family (you live in the same household as them and they are a blood relative or claim you as a dependent) need the free Harvest Record (all ages) when hunting deer or turkey, and a free Georgia Migratory Bird Stamp (16+ years old), when hunting migratory birds (dove, ducks, geese,etc.), plus a Federal Duck Stamp ($25) (16+ years old), when hunting ducks or geese but are exempt from other Georgia hunting and fishing license requirements. Hunter education is not required for a person hunting only on their own land or that of a parent or legal guardian, or to persons permitting a child or ward 12–15 years of age to hunt on the parent’s or guardians own land.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
You can so long as you are a Georgia resident and stay on your own land and have a harvest record. If you leave your land to retrieve a dead deer technically you would need a hunting license. Your son could hunt there if he is a member of your household.

The law is at O.C.G.A. § 27-2-1