Problem with coyotes

goosebuster

We have alot of coyotes on our hunting land we were suppose to trap them but never could get it done. My question is how much do you think they hurt the deer population will they kill a healthy deer or only one that is hurt or just fawns. We are seeing tons of deer right now and also coyotes at the same time but the deer dont seem to pay them much attention. Just seeing what yall thought.

Thanks

MR.BIGBUCK

They will eat anything they can catch. Fawns turkeys and there eggs' Rabbits, quail,and anything else kill all of them.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The idea that they kill only the sick and old is a disney myth.

They have a large prey base with rabbits and rats in some areas and may not bother the deer as much other than fawns.

T

famlytraprz

yotes

They will really affect ur turkey and rabbit populations. They will take a toll on ur deer 2 it just won't be as obvious as the other 2. My suggestion iz find a good trapper in ur area and thin em out!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
We have alot of coyotes on our hunting land we were suppose to trap them but never could get it done. My question is how much do you think they hurt the deer population will they kill a healthy deer or only one that is hurt or just fawns. We are seeing tons of deer right now and also coyotes at the same time but the deer dont seem to pay them much attention. Just seeing what yall thought.

Most if not all wild predators will go after the "Easy" meal, which means YES, they will go after the sick and/or wounded......however, the Babies(fawns etc) dont have to be sick to be an "Easy" catch, so they will go after them........it is a Balancing act of Nature.

The idea that they kill only the sick and old is a disney myth.

They have a large prey base with rabbits and rats in some areas and may not bother the deer as much other than fawns.

T

Never heard about it on Disney.........I got my info from "Wild Kingdom" & Animal Planet:bounce:

Yes they will go after the little things like rabbits and rats, but with those too, they will go after the easier to catch ones....

Rob Young

they kill deer you better get a trapper but make sure he is a good one or they will get educated and nd don't let anyone tell you poison is the answer because that will make them kill even worse and still will not have got rid of them