Problems With Buzzards? (Stand)?

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Seems more and more people are experiencing problems with Buzzards nesting in their deer stands? -- And from what I'm hearing, it ain't a pretty sight. :bounce:

I know one of our members spent a full day carrying water and scrubbing the inside of his tower stand.

Anyone had that problem? -- or know how to prevent it?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
never heard of or seen the problem, but can imagine it would be a mess.

My suggestion...get a cat.

Jim

Trizey

We have owls that roost or take their prey in our box blinds. One of the stands floors' is so covered, you can't move your feet crunching bones. Hundreds and hundreds of mice, rat and squirrel bones.

We kind of like the smell sometimes :D

Swamprat

Swamprat
I always thought buzzards nested on the ground and roosted in trees, towers, buildings etc.

Even if a buzzard was roosting in a stand it wouldn't be a fun place to sit after all that mess.

gadeerwoman

Sounds like some folks need to bathe once in a while before they go climb in their deer stand ! :bounce: And for heavens sake stop eating that hot chili and mexican food food before hunts!

H

HT2

Woodrow........

Man, that is the "FIRST" time I've ever heard of that one................ :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

broadhead

We had something roosting in one of our box stands. I didn't see the "mess" but according to the person who cleaned it out, the "droppings" were quite impressive. He had to bleach out the stand and throw away the carpet!

gadeerwoman

Why not just make some screens and screw them in place at the end of the season on your box stands? Will keep the critters out for the most part and you won't have to deal with the big do come fall.

broadhead

gadeerwoman said:
Why not just make some screens and screw them in place at the end of the season on your box stands? Will keep the critters out for the most part and you won't have to deal with the big do come fall.
But, that would require prior planning and common sense. Where's the fun in that? :p :D

broadhead

gadeerwoman said:
Broadhead, and we both know that the male species is all to often lacking in both those items ! ::ke:
Reminds me of a T-shirtI saw on a woman the other day. It read something like this.....
I'm irresponsible, immature, and unorganized, but I'm fun! :yeah: