props for the outside world columbus

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
just wanted to give credit where credit was due. after countless phone conversations and a couple store visits i got my next " other woman " today :D josh at TOW was very good to talk with and seemed like just and all around good guy. not a bunch of pushy salesfolks, just folks who enjoy the water trying to help others do the same . i took my bride with me and she eyeballed a new boat while she was there so josh, if you get the chance to read this brother, i will be back soon !!!:banginghe:bounce::banana:

i will post pics and a review of the new rig as soon as the rain lets up !!!

DEERFU

Which boat did you buy and which one for the ms.? I bought a tarpon 120 from the other store last summer then my buddy went back and bought the same. a week later he was back again buying his girl a redfish 10. Good folks to deal with and they have an indoor pool up there to try before you buy.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i bought a wilderness systems commander 140 in camo. my bride has a WS pamlico 100 but she was eyeballing the pungo 120 . she refuses to have a SOT but i am just pleased she paddles with us pretty regularly so if she thinks she wants a new boat, as soon as the other sells, she is gettin' a new boat !

DawgsAndHawgs33

well josh never called me back after i called fdor him 4 times but he made me a deal on a adventure 14 mad river the one in the show room and it will be mine next friday

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i really think it is but then again it ain't hard to do a search on prices to see. i haven't looked for that canoe cause it would not fit for what i do. if i was getting a 14 foot canoe i would buy a guide 147 and never look back. don't know about the phone call part , they were johnny on the spot with me.....

Randy

I have been dealing with TOW for years. There is no better dealer in the state.

Randy

i really think it is but then again it ain't hard to do a search on prices to see. i haven't looked for that canoe cause it would not fit for what i do. if i was getting a 14 foot canoe i would buy a guide 147 and never look back. don't know about the phone call part , they were johnny on the spot with me.....

Ummm your commander is a canoe.

DawgsAndHawgs33

i guess they think im blowing smoke up there u know what but i have news for them im not well i would see if it was a good deal if i knew what paddle and pfd the are talking about he told me 750 for everything if it wasnt for my wife i would buy a coosa

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
Ummm your commander is a canoe.

and your sit on top is a sit inside with a factory defect :whip::stir::D:rofl:

you gotta let that go randy !!! from the time them suckers were covered in skins there were different configurations for different personalities . would it help if i only called it a hybrid ? or how a bout a SCAT "small craft angling thingy "

aznflycaster

SCAT "small craft angling thingy "
Feral you should name your new boat that.

Randy

No you can call a canoe what ever you want to call it I guess? My point is it still is an open top
Boat that has been called a canoe for years. Old Town had the first "hybrid" if you want to call it that with the Pack angler. We just call it a canoe.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
but to me...... a non pro, but still not a novice....... it is a yak. lower sides , different hull designs and meant to be paddled with a 2 blade paddle. i have the guide 119, and had the kaynoe along with a discovery , a guide 147 , an osprey ..........

since the older designs of yaks look to me to be more sit insides , maybe the SOT are the first gen hybrids and should get a cool name like "non enterable closed top high floating fish catching devices" but that would be a heck of an acronym !!!!! i am gonna call mine a topless sit inside .......

DawgsAndHawgs33

hey azn where did u mount your transducer for your fish finder on the canoe

Randy

Again I don't really care what it is called. Personally I know the difference in SINK kayaks SOT kayaks and canoes. It is just as an industry i think we bring confusion to those who do not know when we introduce "hybrid kayaks" into the mix.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
just pokin' randy !!! my hat is off to you and the others who constantly bend over backwards to help folks. you know my other big time hobby is photography and i have not seen a SOT that would work well for that . that is also the reason my magic is for sale. the canoe/yak is the best of both worlds for what i do and that is the entire reason i chose the boat i did. again brother, just poking , and thank you for you willingness to help folks. i do hope to meet you on the water one day, no matter what i am paddling !

Randy

You should look at the Trident 13 for photography. The camera man for the Kayak Fishing Show has found it to be the perfect platform. Stable. Fast. Comfortable. And that ros Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- works great for his camera and equipment being close at hand right in front of him.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i don't think i could trust my gear on a SOT randy. i guess if i just shot 1 body with 1 lens i might could but i will tend to haul a couple bodies and several lenses depending on the adventure. like folks have said before, there is no perfect boat . especially when they are used for pleasure , fishing , photo , bowfishing , duck hunting , trash pickup and whatever else. i just keep looking for the closest one to my needs as ever changing as they are !!!

MadDawg51

I'll just throw in a bit of suppor for TOW NORTH. I'm in Dawsonville just a bit north of you Columbus folk. We have a TOW as well. And, everything you said about the Columbus location applies here except the names. So, if you find yourself a bit north of the ATL and in need of a YakFix, stop by and browse, rent or buy. I have no interest in the shop except keeping it open so I can continue to enjoy their expertise, service and prices.

Mine is a bit unknown in the area - It's a FeelFree Moken.

Paddle

I haven't visited the store yet but I did call over there to see if they had any of the Jackson Coosa's. Josh answered the phone and you guy's are right, he was very helpful.

When we get ready to purchase our new boats we will definitely drive over to the Columbus Store.