Pruitt to UT

BuckNasty83

SEC Mike
SEC Mike
@MichaelWBratton
·
4m
If Jeremy Pruitt accepts the Tennessee job and can land both OC Tee Martin and DC Tosh Lupoi, that would probably be the best trio of recruiters in the nation

SpotandStalk

Congrats. If he can keep his cool he may be a good coach.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Tee Martin should get the head coaching job in my opinion. Tee will be a great OC, though.

BuckNasty83

I'm not upset, or excited. He's done well as a DC, but how will that translate to HC? Can he make the proper hires is my main concern

Silver Britches

A Dawg would say that ;)

I'll pass on Tee altogether

Y'all should just be happy SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, decided to come be a head coach there. Be thankful, dude! :D

Then again, maybe something happens at the last minute and the coaching search continues. Stay tuned!

SpotandStalk

Don't get too far ahead...There's still time for him to decline the offer.

BuckNasty83

Y'all should just be happy SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, decided to come be a head coach there. Be thankful, dude! :D

Then again, maybe something happens at the last minute and the coaching search continues. Stay tuned!

It's been ridiculous, but I knew Fulmer would pull through. Though I was worried to death it would be Steele.

Silver Britches

Don't get too far ahead...There's still time for him to decline the offer.

fulmer_press_conf._t755_h895f7d0bd3385cfb191d8a3ce03ad54ccd2eb11a.JPG

BuckNasty83

That’s a valid point, both West Ga and Newberry are looking for head coaches and I hear they are in the running for Pruitt, too.

It's over

Brett McMurphy
Twitter › Brett_McMurphy
Sources: Tennessee assistants were informed tonight to come off the road recruiting in anticipation of Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt being named Vols coach Thursday. Pruitt’s imminent hiring 1st reported by @JimmyHyams

Good troll job though ;)

K80

I just read it was declined because he wanted to finish with bama and tenn said no.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
After about two seasons of Phat Phil looking over his shoulder, he will be asking himself "What have I got into?"

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
LOL Rush Probst was his boss and taught him what he knows. Rush is the coach of a high school team.

BuckNasty83

LOL Rush Probst was his boss and taught him what he knows. Rush is the coach of a high school team.

You realize a ton of coaches start in HS right?

Meyer, Bill Snyder, Cutcliff, Chip Kelly, Lovie Smith, Gus, Tubberville, Freeze, and even Bill Walsh.

This is about like UT fans whining we didn't get a proven HC. Heck, 3 of the coaches in the playoffs started as coordinator. This guy is national recruiter of the year, has won national championships at multiple stops. That's a win to me. I'd rather have him that Schiano, Mullen, Morris, though Morris is a good coach, Doeren and a few others that Currie was going to hire. Truth is, no one is proven, not anyone willing to give up their jobs. Here's to hoping he steals a couple Bama recruits. And he started as a GA at Bama before HS

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It's been ridiculous, but I knew Fulmer would pull through. Though I was worried to death it would be Steele.

Still is! This should be interesting. I can see a ton of Avatar bets coming from you now.:rofl::rofl:

brownceluse

Pruitt was good to the Dawgs! He came in at tge end of Richts rain. He has a drinking problem. He was toxic at times with his approach but in all honesty he was right. He can recruit and he can coach a D. Can he manage a coaching staff? Who knows. My honest opinion is even if he can't if he fails the talent level will be way up. He has never stayed anywhere long. That would be my worry