Public oyster Grounds chatham county

Smackover

Does anyone remember the web address from DNR that shows public oyster grounds
location ? Got a new computer and lost it.

Big7

The Oracle
Wish I had the knowledge and equipment to do that. Don't really know what you would need besides a boat with a depth finder and a rake or claw. I love oysters, especially raw.

I have dived for scallop and Florida Lobster many times.
That's fun.

Wish I had the knowledge and equipment to do that. Don't really know what you would need besides a boat with a depth finder and a rake or claw.

If a bed is visible at low tide, you don't really need anything other than gloves, a flathead screwdriver or small prybar, and a bushel basket or bucket. Maybe waders but that's it.

A rake would be helpful for clams. Don't know that you'd need it much with oysters.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
That’s awesome, sharkfighter. Is that a sheet of plywood on the front of the skiff?

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro

GTMODawg

BANNED
I thought you weren't supposed to get the ones that were exposed because they get hot and grow bacteria, I was told you only get the ones that are always under water.

They're fine in colder months. That's the reason for the old saying about months with an R in them. Not necessarily so though in our neck of the woods given that September and October and March and April can get pretty dang hot. November - February is usually fine though, even in Florida. I have eaten a oil tanker full of oysters duck hunting....after picking up get out the sheetmetal mechanics hammer, chip them off the reef, pop them open, add a little Texas Pete from the wader bib and instant lunch!