Pulaski County deer hunting?

Rebel 3

Im going down to look at a hunting lease in Pulaski County tomorrow for some of my friends and I to lease. How is the deer hunting in Hawkinsville. I have never hunted near there? The land is close to the Ocmulgee River.

Bowhunter24

I have never hunted there, but have always hurd nothing but good things about the hunting in that county

308 WIN

I Hunted In Macon County, Not Far Away, For A Couple Of Years. That Area Produces Most Of The Biggest Bucks In The State, But The Overall Population Is Generaly A Good Bit Lower Than The Piedmont, So Expect To See Fewer Deer. But Above All, The Biggest Problem For Me, If You Hunt During Bow Season, Is The Insect Population. They Will Absolutely Eat You Alive!

Bowhunter24

308, u need to buy u a thermacell, if it wasnt for my thermacell there is now way i could have hunted early in the season

Rebel 3

I leased the land. I am going to have to get a thermacell. Two weeks ago when I was down there the bugs about carried me off. I had sun screen on and there was something in it that they liked. :whip:

Lostoutlaw

I have also heard noyhing but good about it. have had one fellow call me and ask if I wanted to pay for 2 Deer he had killed off it A LOT O MEAT...

Lostoutlaw

one o them days fellows my spelling is gettin BAD :banginghe :smash: :crazy: :type:

Rebel 3

I went down there today and saw tracks everywhere I got off the four wheeler. I saw some rather large tracks also and saw a few turkeys.

ufg8r93

Pulaski Co.

A buddy of mine's in-laws own a small cotton farm down there. He's killed two fat does and a really nice 6 pt with long, long tines. We've seen some very big tracks down there...

Lostoutlaw

Sounds Good

Maybe it will turn out all good sure hope so :clap: What town are you near? Also if ya don't mine my asking are you gonna have any openins I just might like to talk awhile. :type: