Purple hull peas

ucfireman

Looking for "colossus" or "Hurcules" or maybe " purple knuckle" Purple hull peas seed. need about a pound or so for the garden. Dont want pink eye or black eye.
Stone Mtn, Newnan, Athens areas.
Anyone have a supplier?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Did you try Athens Seed in Watkinsville?
They have or can get lots of stuff.
They have a website

ucfireman

Not yet, no one around newnan had them so I was just seeing if any one knew somewhere that really does or have bought there before.
I haven't been able to find the for about 3-4 years at least.
Some where called "Cherokee seed" shows them on the web site so I may call them and Athens in the morning.
Athens does show them on the website so I will check with them.
Thanks.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I wouldn't pass up pink eye.... they are the best tasting pea to me.

HuntingFool

I like the pink eye purple hull. The ones I grow are top pick so a lot easier to pick. Don't think I ever planted Hercules.

snuffy

Try Swints in Jonesboro 770-478-7034

specialk

Did u try fairburn feed and seed?

ucfireman

Did u try fairburn feed and seed?
Not this year but he didn't have them the last time I asked.
I have eaten the "pink eye" to me they taste like black eye peas, not "purple hulls" I grew up eating. And they are small compared to the Colossus etc.
Athens did have them (knuckle) so probably head that way soon. 6/lb.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Not this year but he didn't have them the last time I asked.
I have eaten the "pink eye" to me they taste like black eye peas, not "purple hulls" I grew up eating. And they are small compared to the Colossus etc.
Athens did have them (knuckle) so probably head that way soon. 6/lb.
They will ship.

cjones

Last year, not yet this year. They on lock down too. May send an email.

As of last week, I think they were doing drive-up service. If you call ahead, they'll bring it out to you when you get there. That may have changed with the Governor's order, though.

Stroud Creek

Last year, not yet this year. They on lock down too. May send an email.
I’m a Coweta FF/EMT, I live in Alabama, between Roanoke and LaFayette, we have a couple really good feed and seed stores I can check with.

ucfireman

Believe dad is going to swing by Athens seed tomorrow. I'll let you know if I need that.

I’m a Coweta FF/EMT, I live in Alabama, between Roanoke and LaFayette, we have a couple really good feed and seed stores I can check with.

Long drive Stroud, a couple of fired/quit Coweta folks work with us. Some good some not so.

canine933

If you go to Hoss tools website they have plenty of purple hull seeds. They are located in Norman Park GA. They have very fast shipping.

Shadow11

Forget what I said about Cornelia. I went by there today and got a few things. The guy said there was some kind of crop failure last year and they wouldn't be having Colossus this year.