Question about seasonally open roads

Waddams

So I've been scouting, walking up and down some currently closed season roads on WMA's and in national forest to get to areas I'm interested in. Some of the seasonal roads have a decent stone base but still have vegetative growth that's thick and 4-5 feet tall coming out of the road bed. When they open those roads for their seasonal period, do they also mow down that growth? I'm wondering am I gonna be plowing through that stuff with my truck and I was concerned with larger fallen limps or even trees that could be obscured in the growth.

Also, I found one seasonal road that had a huge dead tree fallen across it. It's currently close, does the land management go through and clear those for access when they open the road seasonally?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I wouldn't bet on them doing ANY of that stuff...

On the WMAs I ramble around on, the open gates are always open, and the closed gates are always closed.

Waddams

well i drove the gate in particular i was interested in. surprised me, but it was open, and someone had chopped down all the weeds that were taller than me on it. :D

Latest posts