Question for yak fishers

blindhog

I am very close to pullin' the trigger and trying it out. I have fished out of a 11' canoe I have a lot in the past, and know the fun you can have.
But.....it was hard on the back and I had to get out on the river and stretch.

Are the yaks gonna be more comfortable? I notice the back support on some, and that looks like it would do the trick.

I also wanna do saltwater flats out of one. Simple low cost fishing, and you can't beat the stealth!

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 and the seat is very comfortable I have spent the entire day in it no problems. I can't sit for very long without a backrest, and this works very well for me

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2 KB · Views: 294

blindhog

I have Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 and the seat is very comfortable I have spent the entire day in it no problems. I can't sit for very long without a backrest, and this works very well for me

Sounds like you got that lower back thang going on too.

nhancedsvt

Banned
I'm in the same position you are. I'm going to BPS tomorrow to look into picking one up. They look like a lot of fun!

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sounds like you got that lower back thang going on too.
Yep!! The back rest is just enough to make it comfortable all day!! I did a overnight float trip on the Oconee last summer, and spent the night on a sandbar. We put in in Milledgeville and went down river 20 miles before taking out

I have also been on the flats fishing with mine with good success in Appalachicola bay

Randy

I have a broken back but can sit in one all day. I suggest you do some research and sit in some before you buy. Also remember that if it fits like a glove when you first sit in it, it will get tight like a glove as the day goes on.

I have 11 if you ever want to try one out. I come to Thomasville quite often as my Mother-in-law lives there.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
No problem with my back, and there are a lot of different seat options available that can really help a person with back problems.

Ck. out the GTS line from Surf to Summit, very comfortable.

Randy

I'll give you a little tip. You need a seat wiht a goo d back but don't worry about the bottom. Go to BPS or Wally World and get one of those self-inflateing HS Strutt turkey seats. Sit on Air all day!

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'll give you a little tip. You need a seat wiht a goo d back but don't worry about the bottom. Go to BPS or Wally World and get one of those self-inflateing HS Strutt turkey seats. Sit on Air all day!
X2 and there are a lot of differences in seat backs among the different brands of kayaks

Randy

X2 and there are a lot of differences in seat backs among the different brands of kayaks

Yes but for the most part aftermarket seats are much better than most yak manufacturers make. Of course the cost money also. I have 150 in a Surf to Summit seat! Some people don't want to spend that on a yak.