Question on hogs in Alabama

howie_r

I was wondering if anyone has hunted on the Lowndes WMA in Alabama and if you can hunt hogs all year round on it?

golffreak

howie_r

Golf I was looking over the map and it looks like I could try going hunting there for hogs until the end of this month but I wonder about those times when there is nothing in season. If they have that much of a hog problem you would think they would let you.
The number listed on the map seems to be for the biologist on there or is that a general contact number for the WMA as well?
Lowndes looks to be about the closet wma to me here in Valley Al with hogs so I was thinking about taking the 2 hour drive down to try my luck one day.
Thanks for the help

timbob

We have hunted there on thier special hog hunts in March. We didnt have any luck. There is alot of signs but it is thick and some place you need waders to cross unless you walk a few miles around the swamp on canebrake road. But last year the hogs were around the new part of the wma. We had fun camping but i think me and my cuz is just going on a paid hog hunt.

Hogchaser

Hogs near Trussville Alabama

Mother in law lives in Trussville Al. Any good area's near Trussville Al area anyone know about. The area used to be woods not very long ago, last 15 years it has started to grow still a lot of wooded area close by. Any info would be great. Thanks :flag:

Hogchaser

Can anyone tell me about hogs in Cahaba River WMA? It looks to have a lot of water from River and several small creeks for the piggies to deal with.