Quiting Dip?

TheShadow

Have any of you fellas ever tried to quit dipping? Wanted to find out what has worked for you all. I noticed as well that there is a stop smoking with Hypnosis seminar at the Gwinnett Civic Center tonight by a guy named Ronald B. Gorayeb. Has anyone given this a try and if so did it work for dipping as well? I got to quit this stuff, but is soooo hard to do!

Thanks guys and gals for any help, The Shadow.

QuakerBoy

I dipped for about 10-12 years....bout a can every 2 days.

I quit cold turkey...I just don't think I could do it buy cuttin back a little at a time.

Of course I quit about 6 different times before it stuck :eek:

mkg 1023

It's not going to be easy, BUT you can do it man! Take it from me i have been dip free for 62 day's. i dipped for 26 years anywhere from a can and half a day to a can every two day's and have never tryed to quit until now. I said to myself 62 day's ago i'm quitting this mess. My mind set is that i'm bigger then a little can of copenhagen and i told myself simply that i quit and when i have the urge i just say well that is all it is going to be is a urge cause i quit that habit so brain think about soemthing esle, you ain't winning this one. Good luck with it you can do it, think postive

Havana Dude

I am

going on 6 months without Cope. Did it for 21 years. Tried to quit several times over the years, but just was never serious enough about it. I finally made up my mind, decided I WANTED to quit and just did it. You REALLY have to want to do it. I just quit cold, the weaning off never worked for me.Be strong. I firmly believe alot of the side effects of quitting is psychological. I went cold turkey and have had no side effects, other than my wallet is a little heavier.

Skipper

Banned
As bad as I hate it, it the tobacco Nazi's get their way and we end up with a 75 cent a can tax on it, I am going to consider it highly.

Skipper

southernclay

I can't speak for dip, but I did smoke. Havana Dude got it right.
You REALLY have to want to do it.
I've tried to quit smoking several times because I knew I should or needed to, not because I wanted to. I quit several weeks ago and so far so good. I'm on the patch, I've been on the patch when I quit before too. This time has been the easiest, hopefully it will stick.

Timbo

Im in my 5th day of stoping cope.Cold TURKEY.

If you could smoke it, dip it or chew it I've done it.

I have not had a chew, dip, or a smoke in 13 years. I quit the day I realized my newborn did not have a choice. Driving down the road, I cracked my window and lit up. Then I notice my newborn sitting in the opposit seat. I through the cig out and the rest of the pack right then. I did go buy a new pack and carried them around for about a month. Never open them. But I felt this was my way of being in control. If I had wanted to I could of lit one up at anytime.
1st you must want to quit. You cannot quit because someone else wants you too.
2nd anything is possible with God's help. Ask and you shall recieve.

The first step is to decided top quit. You don't do it by putting it off. Like when I finish this can I will quit. My suggestion. Buy a new can, take out a dip. Get a taste then decide you don't need it any more. Then pray ::; for God to take the desire away. Then believe it's done. Good luck!

Timbo

Oh yea baby, day 6. :cool: :cool: :fine: :fine: :yeah:

bradpatt03

yeah i've dipped since i was about 13, i almost quit about a month ago after i had been sick and went a week without one i figured thats a good start. then i broke down but not completely, i went and bought some pouches and dipped them for about 2 weeks. before long i couldn't take it anymore. i've tried using sunflower seeds instead or even chewing gum but i can't do it. its probably because 3 out of every 4 friends i have dip and at work there is only about 3 that don't out of like 20 if you don't count the women (and heck some of them have even tried :crazy: ) good question though, i asked the same one back when i was trying but i agree completely that MOST IMPORTANTLY you have to REALLY truely and genuinely want to quit because its definitely psychological.

dutchman

Cold Turkey

Quit in March, 1983 after having used it for a number of years. Never gone back. You can do anything you set you mind to. It's your body, you have control. Your family will support you.

Good luck.

Havana Dude

You guys trying to quit now

Good job so far!!!! Keep it up. Every day gets a little easier. I'm no goody two shoes, its only been 6 months or so for me, and I have to be honest, there are times when I would fight for one, but you just gotta stick with it. Stay with it fellows, you'll be better off with out it.

muzzyman

the only way is to just put it down I quit in june after 16yrs and havent touched it since JUST DO IT

BACK STRAP

20 years of cope and mb lights

When my son was born in june 2 years ago I decided that I needed to quit all this mess. I only smoked when I went out on the town but I had a dip in my mouth form the time I got up in the morning untill I went to bed late at night. I quit on sept. 1 2003 and it was a hard deer season but I did it.I did chew on some hot toothpicks from time to time in the deer stand.You can get those at www.candyyouateasakid.com it is all a mind thing. I still crave it some time I even dream about it and it is so good in my dreams that I have to check my teeth in the mirrior the next morning. I know if I ever put the stuff back in my mouth I would be hooked again real easy.I could probably eat a can with a spoon on certain days when the stress level is high.I will never let something controll me that way again.

pacecars

I quit right after my son was born 12 years ago and every now and then I still feel the urge for a dip, but everytime I see the price of a can I thank God I quit. You have to want to really bad to quit. If I can do it anyone can. Think of all the guns and ammo you can buy with the money you save. :shoot: