Quitman Co. Hunting reports !

Swamprat

Swamprat
Have fun....went to my place Monday and saw a few hog tracks. Might throw out some corn tomorrow and see if I can bust one or two Friday or Saturday.

Will be moving some stands Sunday....me and my BIL have the annual Fathers Day tradition of helping each other move stands, trim branches, etc at our different leases. good thing they are abou 15 miles apart I suppose. That is what we request to our families to do on Fathers Day

Swamprat

Swamprat
OK....brain gas since F A R T is banned, we both thought this weekend was Fathers Day but it is like a few weeks away.

Oh well, we will still be doing what I said on that weekend.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Seen some hogs,1 biggen! Sat afternoon ,didn't shoot. I just didn't feel like cleaning 1.

dawg4028

Didn't make it as planned! Grandson had baseball practice! we are raising him hes 9! He made the allstar team! Going this weekend to check cams and try and trap a pig or shoot one! Its time to work on stands, trim roads and clean-up. Oyea and cook-out! A new member is bringing his camper as well! Scouting is also on the menu!

congrats on the All Star Team.

dawg4028

Buddy in from Ohio this week. Took him out on Seminole yesterday. I caught two; one a little over 5 lbs. Wished he would have caught it. Even had him in the front of the boat;he just couldn't get one in. Weather was either storming or steamy hot. Got caught out in the rain a lot. Saw where the tourney at Wingates took over 28 pounds to win it. There are much better that I am. Thats for sure.

His wife and kids are heading to PC beach for the week. Hope they miss the oil. He's gonna stay and fish. We're gonna hit the flats Tuesday morning. I hope he has a great time. He really takes care of me in November in Ohio.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
He had practice this afternoon, and we think he did great!! The team looked great! We hope they fair well in the playoffs. Thanksdawg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Saw a lot of deer sat. 1 big buck at my wifes stand! They were moving in the afternoon heat,eating green weeds ,browse. My guess for moister.Caught some brim at dark out of a pond,about 20.All full of row!TTYL K

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Alot of hogs! Alot of hogs! Too hot to shoot them! I think we are going to plant peas next week!

dkennedy

We've got about 5 acres left to plant, I'd say we'll be there in the next few weeks. Time to break out the straw hat. Now that we've fenced in all the feeders but one, hopefully some of the hogs have moved on. We noticed every year just before deer season when we quit feeding the hogs almost disappear. I'll let ya'll know.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think they go to the feed! We want some pork so we are feeding about 20 right now! Trap time!!!!!! We plant winter feed plots mostly!

dkennedy

How long will the Blackberries last? Planinng a trip in a few weeks and would like to make some cobler. I think I was still picking them in the middle of July. Does any one know?

It's been Africa HOT down here in Fl, humidity is thru the roof. looking forward to a morning temp not in the high 80's.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Hey idon't know when the berries are gone

Last edited:

dkennedy

Nice buck, hopefully I'll have a few just like him when we check our camera's. I guess when we head back to camp I'll know just how long the blackberries last.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
picture.php

Josh with his doe

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Josh helped me get my little buck out, He would holler were getting closer to the 4wheeler
picture.php