Quitman Co. Hunting reports !

sghoghunter

It shouldn't wash off to bad. Even though most of quitman co is red clay our club is mostly sand and soaks up water good.

buckmanmike

We have land off Cotton Hill Rd and its sandy like your at the beach. Land off Fountain Bridge Rd got good dirt.
Been some good deer taken off both sides of the county.

sghoghunter

How far down cotton hill are you from highway 266? The past 6 to 7 yrs we done a lot of hog hunting on the north side of cotton hill. Some real good deer on the place we hunted on. Also my buddy's daddy has some land on Martin school rd that's close to fountain bridge and some good deer in that area too

buckmanmike

Cotton hill land located south of road, and west of the road that goes to Coleman. It is landlocked.
Several tracts off Fountain Bridge Rd. All within a few miles of the old Woodman's store.
We own the land but lease out timber rights. We kept the hunting rights, but sub rights to close contacts.
Keep one tract for family hunting.
I have a good friend that owns on Martin School Rd.

buckmanmike

That looks like a huge tract. I know somebody that used to be in a club that had thier camp off CHR, less than a mile from Coleman hwy. North side of CHR. Is this your group?

sghoghunter

We didn't deer hunt it only had permission to hog hunt in the off season.90% of that area is either owned or leased by two guys from Atlanta.

buckmanmike

It seems like the guy I know, club lost thier lease when someone offered the owner $25/acre, and this was at least 10 years ago. Deep pockets for that area.

sghoghunter

That's probably them. I do know yrs ago there was some of it that we couldn't hunt for some reason then a few yrs later we could.

sghoghunter

How bad did we get hit from the hurricane? We was going the weekend but it hit my brothers place perty good down in bainbridge and I'm stuck working trying to restore power

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
No power yet. Cuthbert got hit pretty bad. Our Lower Lumpkin rd was on the far west edge. There’s damage but not like Cuthbert Dawson. Eufaula has power. All of our buildings where fine.if a pine didn’t fall on it. You will be ok.

buckmanmike

Had our place in Rndolph Co checked. Everything fine, lots of limbs down, power out as of early morning.
Friends place on Martin School Rd lost a lot of timber. His house is ok.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Some lady killed a buck in the county that’s in the top 5 ever killed there. It’s in the GON news area.
I’m sure some have. It’s starting to get good I think cause I’m working. ?

sghoghunter

We just got back home the club. We found a couple fresh scraps on our way to the stands yesterday. Yesterday morning my brother had a shooter buck jump out in the lane 20 yds infront of him behind a doe and a members grandson saw a spike chasing a doe. Between 5 of us we saw 23 deer the weekend. Also I killed two heavily preggy guilts yesterday afternoon and brother killed a yote this morning