1656063726220.png

StriperAddict

1656063979150.png

StriperAddict

1663584390801.png

StriperAddict

Grace Thought
By Charis Grace Lim

Jesus came to reveal the Father and be about His Father’s business—And that business was attractive to people whose lives had been miserable, downtrodden and condemned by the religious rulers and teachers of the law.

TAKE NOTICE:

1) God NEVER apply the law to condemn so He can draw people back to Himself. NO!

Jn 3:17 says, For He did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

2) God NEVER reinforce the necessity of following the law as a requirement for eternal life. NO!

V16 says, Whoever BELIEVES in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

REMEMBER:

God NEVER give us something to ACHIEVE in order to be qualified for salvation ...
but SOMEONE to BELIEVE!

Grace Is The Only Gospel

Madman

It will follow then that to agree with Charis Grace Lim that James should not be in the bible and should be edited from it, that possibly James was falsely claiming the Spirit or Lim's faith is not sufficient to appreciate James' matter of fact opposition to him. These two individuals have opposing doctrines on what grace is.

Going to need to remove The Revelation of Jesus Christ also.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Martin Luther needed both of them out if his "faith alone" was to withstand scrutiny.

jwf2506

James 2:14-26
[14]What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
[15]If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
[16]and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
[17]Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
[18]But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."
[19]You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
[20]But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
[21]Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
[22]You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;
[23]and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness," and he was called the friend of God.
[24]You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
[25]In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?
[26]For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

So what do you do with all this scripture if it is only by faith ?

jwf2506

The Law of Moses via the human will has a perfect record with zero wins.
Jesus Christ via the will of God has a perfect record of zero losses.

They are both polar opposite in relation to their role in God's overall plan of redemption.They both do perfectly what they're designed to do. Anyone who seeks to be justified by the Law is in essence attempting to prove God wrong!!
Anyone who acknowledges the truth of salvation in Christ Jesus by grace alone through faith alone is testifying to God's rightness!!

Grace, it really is that simple and profound!

#IFoughtTheLawAndTheLawWon #TheCrossWorkedOnceForAllTime
So you believe that everybody will make it to heaven.......
If you do believe that I have a whole lot of scripture I'd like for you to explain.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

StriperAddict

"the body without the spirit is dead".... I find this an interesting statement.
Its the other side of "Christ in you, the hope of glory".
Without Christ in you, you are dead ... spiritually.

jwf2506

The Law of Moses via the human will has a perfect record with zero wins.
Jesus Christ via the will of God has a perfect record of zero losses.

They are both polar opposite in relation to their role in God's overall plan of redemption.They both do perfectly what they're designed to do. Anyone who seeks to be justified by the Law is in essence attempting to prove God wrong!!
Anyone who acknowledges the truth of salvation in Christ Jesus by grace alone through faith alone is testifying to God's rightness!!

Grace, it really is that simple and profound!

#IFoughtTheLawAndTheLawWon #TheCrossWorkedOnceForAllTime
One thing is for sure you have a very different view of the law of Moses "law of Yahweh " ,than king David "A man after Yahweh's own heart" does.

StriperAddict

One thing is for sure you have a very different view of the law of Moses "law of Yahweh " ,than king David "A man after Yahweh's own heart" does.
Either the cross worked or it didn't. Either we live by the power of an indestructible life or we hold back some oysters to feed to the law/rules/dogmas etc. of Moses.
AFTER the cross everything changed for the believers in Christ. Either we walk in that freedom or we stay in bondage.

Romans 8:2-3
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh
(emphasis mine)

StriperAddict

The Apostle Paul said it was through the Law that he DIED to the Law, so that he might live for God (Galatians 2:19).
He is saying that the harder he hustled trying to keep God's commandments, the more death and condemnation consumed him as a result (Galatians2:18).
It's hard for some to see this, but If your so-called commandment keeping doesn't kill you then you're using it unlawfully! The quicker you let it kill your hope in your self sufficiency & self righteousness the better! Only then can you see the law pointing you to Jesus Christ by grace alone through faith alone!

There must be a crucible that you soon face that will prove whose guiding you, your flesh (patterned after the knowledge of good and evil) or the Spirit who is your very Life.

#IFoughtTheLawAndTheLawWon!

jwf2506

The Apostle Paul said it was through the Law that he DIED to the Law, so that he might live for God (Galatians 2:19).
He is saying that the harder he hustled trying to keep God's commandments, the more death and condemnation consumed him as a result (Galatians2:18).
It's hard for some to see this, but If your so-called commandment keeping doesn't kill you then you're using it unlawfully! The quicker you let it kill your hope in your self sufficiency & self righteousness the better! Only then can you see the law pointing you to Jesus Christ by grace alone through faith alone!

There must be a crucible that you soon face that will prove whose guiding you, your flesh (patterned after the knowledge of good and evil) or the Spirit who is your very Life.

#IFoughtTheLawAndTheLawWon!
I could insert lots of single verses that shows Paul saying the law is good and should not be discounted but I believe the bible should be read as a whole and not single verses picked to make a sermon. I know Paul's writings are tough to understand but I also believe that the law of Moses and Grace can and should be harmonized.
I also believe Yeshua meant what he said in Matthew 5:17-19 "Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets I did not come to abolish but to do completely.
BUT TRULY I SAY TO YOU UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OR STROKE OF THE PEN SHALL PASS FROM THIS LAW UNTIL ALL IS ACCOMPLISHED.
Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments and TEACHES others to do the same, shall be called least in heaven but whoever keeps and teaches them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Now keep in mind Heaven and Earth is still here they haven't burned up yet like the scriptures tells us they are going to.

So do you believe that Paul and the other disciples was wrong for keeping the law of Moses long after Yeshua was gone ? And we know for sure they was because there is lots of scripture that proves it.

StriperAddict

Paul said that he died to the law so that he might live to God. (Galatians 2:19-20)

Also,
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

Was Paul lying? Or deceived?

Rom 7:
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions were aroused by the law in every part of us and bore fruit for death.
6 But now we have been released from the law, since we have died to what held us, so that we may serve in the new way[c] of the Spirit and not in the old letter of the law.

The perfect standard of the law was to bring about the knowledge of our sin, and point to Christ as the solution for righteousness.

Rom 8:
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Peace

jwf2506

Paul said that he died to the law so that he might live to God. (Galatians 2:19-20)

Also,
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

Was Paul lying? Or deceived?

Rom 7:
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions were aroused by the law in every part of us and bore fruit for death.
6 But now we have been released from the law, since we have died to what held us, so that we may serve in the new way[c] of the Spirit and not in the old letter of the law.

The perfect standard of the law was to bring about the knowledge of our sin, and point to Christ as the solution for righteousness.

Rom 8:
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Peace

Paul was not lying nor was he deceived he fully understood that you are to keep the commandments of Yahweh while understanding the only way to heaven is by grace .
It's not one or the other, it's by both and that is why Paul and others continued to keep the law after Yeshua ascended into heaven.
Paul like many others know that we will fail and have to crucify the flesh daily and are thankful when we do fail that we have an advocate with the father and this is the reason Yeshua was sent NOT to do away with the law but to take away the sting which is death from not following the law.
The law is perfect and good just like king David says.
We do not follow the law for justification or salvation we do it because Yahweh says we are to these things as they are a permanent statue for ever and ever through out all your generation , Just like Yeshua explains in Matthew 5:17-19 he did not come to destroy law or the prophets.

I'm not trying to argue with you or even trying to change your mind, I just see it differently than you

Last edited:

StriperAddict

✅❗?

What if the goal in life is to realise Christ and enjoy Him in every moment?

Congrats Mr. Gordon, flesh and blood has not revealed the divine ....

Press on in peace. "Let mot man and his many trappings hinder thee" -anon

StriperAddict

2 Corinthians 3:6 TPT
He alone makes us adequate ministers who are focused on an entirely new covenant. Our ministry is not based on the letter of the law but through the power of the Spirit. The letter of the law kills, but the Spirit pours out life.

StriperAddict

When Paul said, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ" (Rom 1:16), he wasn't talking about not being ashamed to live righteously and morally in a world full of sinful people. He went on to explain that the gospel is a matter of receiving the free gift of God's righteousness, apart from how one lives. In his life before Christ, Paul already had confidence in his fleshly abilities to live righteously and morally... and that is what he said he had to count as dung so that he could embrace the true gospel. Philippians 3:8-11

In order for Paul to be "found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is by faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith" (Phil 3:9), Paul had to chuck aside any and all of his sense of his own righteousness and morality according to the law - which would have been a major deviation from his previous stance in life and from what his Jewish brothers expected of him.

It's this 180° turn that Paul was not ashamed of. It wasn't a turn from unrighteous living to righteous living that Paul was now standing for. It was a turn from trusting in righteous living to trusting in Christ alone for righteousness! That's the gospel - the gift of God's righteousness given freely to all who believe.

StriperAddict

Time out?
Perhaps Post the above in the Q&A forum if you please Gordon. The purpose of this thread is for encouragement. While I don't discount the need to break away for answers for a season, perhaps notes for delving into the 'religious' side are for the Q&A area. Just a suggestion going forward.

Peace.