Rabbit hunters.

That’s the only place I hunt. Deer hunters frown on dogs on their leases…sometimes even after deer season.

Deer hunters are idiots.

Came up hunting everything with dogs. Drove deer morning to lunch then went and sat on a stump after lunch and probably killed as many or more after lunch.
Coon hunted all night then deer hunted the same ground the next day. Still killed deer.
Killed deer while others ran rabbits on the same ground as well.

It ain't about the dogs it's all about selfish greed.

Lukikus2

I grew up rabbit hunting with beagles. The rabbit normally runs within a few hundred yard circle if that. Ran longed leg beagles and red bones for deer. And no. Dogs ain't going to run deer into the next county! Lol.

UncleIcy

Right here. Twice a week November thru February. This is shaping up to be a big bunny year. It's cyclical; not sure anyone knows exactly why, though there are many theories. It's tough without dogs on public land, but fortunately I know a guy.

leroy

Had a pack or 2 over the years, none now. Got my first pack for Christmas when I was 12 yrs old, Tiny, Queen and Toby and added Joe little later. Ran rabbit boxes also during that time mama loved them more for cooking as she didn't have to worry about shot ?. Daddy loved quail hunting and always had several bird dogs so I had it made.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It’s been a good while since I had any beagles, and I sure do miss them.