Rabbit Hunting on Wma?

coon hunter

Alright so I've been out of the rabbit hunting game for about the last 5 years due to getting married, having kids etc... now I am about ready to get back in. Will probably have a few dogs in the next year or so. I have roughly 150 acres of prime private land rabbit hunting but I am wandering about hunting wmas. What's the rules about running beagles on them? I assume small game season has to be in? I never looked into because we didnt have one real close to me but now theres one 15 min from the house so I would like to be able to run it

delacroix

BANNED
WMAs get hammered by rabbit hunters. It amazes me how far some will drive to run dogs before deer season ends.

Check the regs. You can probably hunt it most of the season.

mike brown

the wma's around my neck of the woods get a lot of pressure , they do open them up earlier than when rabbit season starts but you can only run on the designated fields labeled as dog training areas, seems like the rabbit population has declined in the past few years, your only allowed 3 per hunter but in my opinion if people would only maybe shoot one or so a year then the population would rise back, have to leave some for seed, I understand that a wma is the only place some people have to hunt but also once all the rabbits are gone what good is it to even rabbit hunt on them ? just my two cents