Rabbits are getting ready!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
They're ready to come out of their winter housing and hit the rabbit tractors.
San Juan`s, Broken New Zealand does. Red New Zealand buck, the San Juan buck too shy to come out the box. These winter houses have a 3 X 3 area boxed in out of the wind with a heat lamp if it gets down below 20. R1.jpgR2.jpgR3.jpg

Redbow

That's some fine eating right there. My Aunt raised Rabbits years ago her family was never out of meat the Rabbits were very prolific.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That's some fine eating right there. My Aunt raised Rabbits years ago her family was never out of meat the Rabbits were very prolific.
Yup, we always have meat!!
I’ve got 3 of the 21 cubic feet upright freezers. My grown kids shop in my freezers lol.

We raise our own meat! Beef, hogs, meat chickens, quail and rabbit. Also keep plenty of fish, squirrel and dove.

Been a long time since we bought meat at a grocery store.

Big7

The Oracle
I had a bunch of San Juan’s in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Tried to cross a few San Juan bucks with cottontail does. The does wasn't heaving it.

Kinda wish I'd tried the other way around but wasn't catching cottontail bucks.

In 20/20 hindsight, I'm glad it didn't go.
Probably would have had a dumb, feral animal.

Kinda like "plantation" quail escapees crossing with wild quail. The result is they are dumber than a fence post.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I had a bunch of San Juan’s in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Tried to cross a few San Juan bucks with cottontail does. The does wasn't heaving it.

Kinda wish I'd tried the other way around but wasn't catching cottontail bucks.

In 20/20 hindsight, I'm glad it didn't go.
Probably would have had a dumb, feral animal.

Kinda like "plantation" quail escapees crossing with wild quail. The result is they are dumber than a fence post.
My dad raised San Juan’s to eat and train dogs with. They’ll get up and go if they’re raised in a run pen. They’ll run out of steam but they’ll give a dog a 10 year old boy with a 410 a good time.

Big7

The Oracle
My dad raised San Juan’s to eat and train dogs with. They’ll get up and go if they’re raised in a run pen. They’ll run out of steam but they’ll give a dog a 10 year old boy with a 410 a good time.
Yes Sir. ?