Rabun County Trout

Thread starter #1
A few trout from the past 3 weeks. Between myself and my buddy we have caught over 120 browns, rainbows, and brookies with 74 of those coming in a single day. A lot of these fish had good size to them as well. Winter is the time to get on these fish and you have the river to yourself.
trout1.jpg
trout3.jpg
trout4.jpg
trout5.jpg
trout6.jpg

Bream Pole

what were you using fly rod or spinner and what bait. Just curious. I'm a long way from any trout water.

Lived in NC near Asheville in the 90's, this time of year was my favorite....I MISS IT! Big Brookies, 18"-22"+, was more common up there than I have found here in GA. I am heading to the Amicalola Falls area this weekend with the fly rod and spinning gear to teach my wife, hoping to find one or two decent fish....You just ruined the rest of my work week thanks!

Thread starter #13
Lived in NC near Asheville in the 90's, this time of year was my favorite....I MISS IT! Big Brookies, 18"-22"+, was more common up there than I have found here in GA. I am heading to the Amicalola Falls area this weekend with the fly rod and spinning gear to teach my wife, hoping to find one or two decent fish....You just ruined the rest of my work week thanks!
I go to Brevard College not far from Asheville and fish the Davidson and French Broad every now and then. All these fish are from GA though. Hope ya'll catch some good uns this weekend