RAGE 2 BLADE did the trick!! **GRAPHIC**

bow-boy

I LIVE IN MELBOURNE FLORIDA. COON SEASON IS YEAR ROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Me and My buddy were hog huntin a few saturdays ago when a Coon tried climbin up our stand. We scared him and he jumped down took a few steps and all the only shot i had was at his head. I ended up shootin the coon at 8 yards. He dropped instantly and didnt even twitch!

By the way, This was my 1st coon with a bow. I was using my friends bow cause mine was in the shop.
It was a Parker Buck Hunter set at 60# and 27' draw.
Shootin Beman ICS hunters 340s and 2 Blade Rage Broadheads.

This is why im hooked on Rage Broadheads! Just look at That entry hole and The damage it did to that coon. Also The only damage the broadhead had was a slight bend in one of the blades, a quick pinch of the pliers fixed it, and it was still razor sharp!

I LIVE IN MELBOURNE FLORIDA. COON SEASON IS YEAR ROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• coon1.jpg
    coon1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 795
  • coon2.jpg
    coon2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:

bow-boy

Sorry about this!
I live in Florida.
Therefore Coon season is year round.
Shouldve thought of putting that note on there.
Sorry.

shawn mills

Shoot something bigger'n a coon and you'll see that Rage broadheads suck! Terrible penetration! If your coon,squirrel and rabbit huntin they should work out just fine for ya though!

jmfdakaniterider2

At 8 yards you could have killed him with a rock it would have been alot cheaper:huh::huh::huh:

Cottontail

I watch folks kill em on Outdoor channel with Rage Broadheads all the time if you dont hit em right dont blame it on the Rage broadheads learn how to shoot and complain less about the broadheads .... I shoot 86 lbs i will get good penetration with a practice point.....

bigrob82

rage heads suck they will not get good penetration so i will only shoot muzzys

sbrown

I watch folks kill em on Outdoor channel with Rage Broadheads all the time if you dont hit em right dont blame it on the Rage broadheads learn how to shoot and complain less about the broadheads .... I shoot 86 lbs i will get good penetration with a practice point.....

I watch stuff on Sci Fi channel all the time also ........

Opinion

My opinion lies with mr. Mills as well. Grim reapers are awesome compared to a rage. I cant keep the things from coming apart while i am walking to my stand must less shoot a deer with them. Go get yourself a pack of grim reapers if you want a real mechanical head or get you a fixed blade muzzy!!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The young mans story reminds me of a buddy that lost his patience with a tattle tale squirrel during bow season. After a full days harassment it became a very expensive squirrel tacked to the side of a tree at stand heigth. Probably some hawk thinking how did that shish-kabob get up here that day.

Congrads on your coon!

Oh FYI, to settle the Rage vs Muzzy debate just buy Slick Tricks, no penetration or flight problems. ::ke: :biggrin2::stir:

Last edited:

Kendallbearden

Big spider lover
if we're going to talk broadheads, i have to to say it...Muzzys are the best. I have just personally always had good luck with them.