Randolph County 2012-13 Season...

DaddyPaul

What's going on in Randolph County these days? We've got some of our smaller hunting plots planted a month or so ago with peas, feeders are slinging, roads trimmed, etc. Couple more weeks and it'll be arrow slinging time.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

kemster99

I hunt just outside of Cuthbert. Property looking good. Need to get up there and finish my mowing. Might try for next weekend depending on the weather.

DaddyPaul

Few of my bunch went up this past weekend and said we need rain for a couple small plots we planted peas in. Otherwise things are looking pretty good aside from them cutting the hardwoods in the creek. Hoping to make it up for the archery opener.

DaddyPaul

Went up Thursday evening to do some work and hunt a little. Ended up only sitting Saturday afternoon and saw three bucks around 6:20. One was a real nice 8 point that is all over 130"s, had him at 15 yards and could not get a shot with my recurve. Probably can't get back up until ML season. My brother sat in a condo the same evening just to see what came out and saw two bucks there. Pretty decent movement for only sitting one time.

buckmanmike

I planted food plots 3 weeks ago and they are looking good. I'll lay down some nitrogen to em in a couple of weeks.
I checked most of my stands for wasp etc. Only found one nest, but it looked old. I sprayed it and about 20 wasp fell out from the back side. Caution when checking yours.

DaddyPaul

My buddy's son whiffed on a giant 8 pointer opening weekend of blackpowder season, same deer I had an encounter with during archery season. My son and I saw lots of does but no bucks. Headed back up with my daughter weekend of 3rd.

DaddyPaul

Headed up Thursday afternoon with my 12 year old daughter for a couple of days of hunting. Still a tad early but maybe we'll catch a decent buck slipping.

buckmanmike

I'll be headed to camp tomorrow(Wed). Will be there through Sunday. My first chance to hunt since season opened. Need some meat but a nice buck would be great.
Freinds that have already hunted have seen good doe movement but few bucks. Hogs moving too.

Mako22

BANNED
Saw five this AM near Coleman and put two does on the ground to take home with me. One of the five I saw all morning was a big bodied deer moving at a good clip and so I couldn't see its head threw the trees, might have been a buck but not sure.

DaddyPaul

Daughter caught stomach bug or something. Had to cancel our trip. Maybe get her up there in a couple of weeks.

DaddyPaul

Gonna try this again, going up to Morris either tomorrow or Saturday for a few days. A bud is gonna bring my daughter to me later in the week.

DaddyPaul

Truck loaded, headed up tomorrow morning. Hope the timing is right as my opportunities have been very limited his year.

Mako22

BANNED
Hunted this AM and saw nothing, that makes 4 hunts this week (2 on Monday) with no deer seen. Not sure where they went as I was covered up in them the first few hunts.

DaddyPaul

One guy in our camp, shot at what he indicated was a very nice 8 point. Little hair and meat but no deer or blood. Might be a little early, but I gotsta know...

DaddyPaul

Lots and lots of buck movement on our place. Two 9s, three 8s and a couple does taken. One 8 will push 130, one 9 probably 120. Think the next week to 10 days should be incredible. Headed back on turkey day.

Mako22

BANNED
Not seeing anything down here in Coleman. Found some scrapes yesterday afternoon about the size of a baseball cap, they are just getting started.

DaddyPaul

Not seeing anything down here in Coleman. Found some scrapes yesterday afternoon about the size of a baseball cap, they are just getting started.

Our place is littered with scrapes...can't walk 100 yards in the woods without seeing them. Tough for me to be sitting at home with one buck tag in my pocket.

Good luck!

DaddyPaul

Seemed like a different piece of property this weekend. Not a lot of movement, couple of does taken and some dink bucks spotted.