Randolph County 2012-13 Season...

Mako22

BANNED
Woodsman, our place is in SW Terrell county, abuts Randolph with Ichawaynatchaway creek--- are you in that general area?

Actually half of my club is in Clay county as the county line runs right threw our lease. We are very close to Coleman and Cuthburt.

buckmanmike

Went hunting last afternoon and saw 6 doe. Let them pass, and right at dark 9 hogs came out. I picked out a nice sow about 40 yards away and shot. I missed. I was shooting for a behind the ear shot. Hogs ran away.
I sighted my rifle today and it was about 2" high and 2" right at 25 yards. With me being an old - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - that is enough for a clean miss.
Today saw 4 doe. I'll shoot a doe next week if oppurtunity presented. Holding off for a good buck.

buckmanmike

Ha Ha, first post I had that I was a potty mouth. Sorry didn't mean to be offensive to anyone and will keep it in mind.

lilbassinlady

Hey there Buckman, I'm not in the club any more! Haven't been in 3 years. Not much left of them. To much Drama was going on. I do hunt about 5 or 6 miles from there in Clay County, in another club. Not sure about whats going on for this coming season. Wish I could find a safe place down there to hunt, with out all drama. I love hunting down there and getting away camping. I miss the old times.

buckmanmike

Good to hear from ya Lilbass. Hope you can find a place to hunt. We ended up letting Plum Creek lease our hunting rights on our property off Cotton Hill. 75/25 split on revenue, we get 75%.
We still have additional lands on other side of county we retained all hunting rights to, so I'll be back next season.

buckmanmike

I have 2 spots for campers at my deer camp. Located off Recreation Camp Rd and Trinity Church Rd. Camp is set back 100 yds off dirt road(Trinity Church). One site with elec, water, and septic. Other site with water and elec only. Your welcome to put in ur own 55 gallon drum septic. Please text me at 770-367-5895. $225 Sept thru Jan. year round neg. Comes with use of 16x20cook shack, heated, cooled, refrig, micro, etc. I have Direct tv to my cabin and share when I'm there. Prefer couples that like to cook together. I'm not making money on this deal, just trying to share expenses. Good hunting, Mike
This post is for 2013/2014 season.

buckmanmike

SM13, I'll be at camp next wed thru sunday. Send me a pm if you want me to look you up, share some tales. Mike

buckmanmike

Still have 2 spots for campers. Want shorter term? $55/month includes water and elec. See above post for lacation etc.

buckmanmike

I shot a doe the other day. Thought it was a mature doe. Ended up being about 90 lbs of good eating.
I travel around the US and saw a buck in Wi last week that had to weigh close 300lbs. It was chasing 2 does and he looked 3-4 times the size of the does.
Wish they grew that big in Ga.
Good Hunting to Ya.

buckmanmike

I hunted Thursday evening. Saw 20 doe and one spike. Deer were coming from all directions. Spike had antlers about 2" long, but he chased doe all over the place. Had fun watching the deer run around. Just starting to see some good scapes and have seen few rubs. Give 'em another week or two, and again in mid December, and first of Jan.
Good hunting, Mike

Mako22

BANNED
I have some bucks on camera with black hocks, scrapes are starting to show up and some fighting on cam. I don't expect the rut till right after Thanksgiving week. I also am seeing a lot of bucks on cam that appear to be moving looking for doe locations I assume.

JasonF

We hunt in Randolph (north of Cuthbert) and have had bucks on camera with black hocks since the first week of November. Some good bucks already taken off the lease this month too. Also saw a great deer at Taylor's on the 9th that was shot chasing a doe.

southernman13

Randolph

We hunt in Randolph (north of Cuthbert) and have had bucks on camera with black hocks since the first week of November. Some good bucks already taken off the lease this month too. Also saw a great deer at Taylor's on the 9th that was shot chasing a doe.

Was that the big wide, heavy 8 at taylors, I saw a begun there but I'm thinking it was more like the 16 th but not sure now. It was killed around benevolence I heard.