Randolph County

We are up in the Lumpkin Area and just leased a land locked 249 acres from Rayonier for $10 a acre. They said they are getting up to $15 a acre in that area, but our piece is land locked. We have a piece that butts up to their land.

Cole Henry

I am looking to find a new piece in the Randolph area, if anyone hears of anything or has any openings please let me know. Thanks

JasonF

Next week should be the week up near Cuthbert where we hunt!

Monty4x4

Good to hear. I leave the 21st, hope not too late. But on our place its usually thanksgiving week. Hope that sticks this year.

JasonF

21st should be prime for ya!

Cole Henry

On my place 6 miles north of Cuthbert we usually see the best activity from Thanksgiving through the first week of December. I am heading up this weekend with this cooler weather I hope they are on their feet.

buckmanmike

In my experience, I have seen the largest bucks in late Dec/early Jan. Hunted Randolph Co since the deer season started. So don't give up if you can't hunt the prime week.
The prime week is when you get the opportunity to hunt.

Monty4x4

Mako I just got back. Hunt smack dab between Leary and Dawson. Smaller bucks were on the move. Oldest was prob 3, but could have been 2. Not sure. Big boys weren't around just yet during daylight. Had a couple of sits where does ran in and looked behind, but didn't see any bucks follow when I waited. Scrapes and rubs popping up last week. Should be good for another week on our place.

julian faedo

Friends are calling me and telling me around the town of Leary Ga. and the town of Morgan the Bucks are running good, I'll be there Sat.

Monty4x4

Go get em Julian. Ron thinks rut was early but on our place just north of you I don't think so. Friend hunting now has seen 3 diff bucks this morning. It's getting good and the weekend should be better. Keep us posted. - Alex

buckmanmike

I'm headed down to Randolph Co tomorrow. I have not been on the stand all year. I will be staying until season end. I hope those late season bucks are on the move.
Any buck news from the area?

buckmanmike

Made it to our camp. Got unloaded right at dark. Have a feeder visible from camp with solar lights. Sat down to rest with adult beverage and feeder light comes on showing 3 does.
Looking for a nice buck, but does sure do taste good.
Later.

buckmanmike

Only hunted a couple of times. Still lots of clean up around here from Hurricane Michael. I posted this pic in the deer hunting forum under "extra gear". Buck with another Deer rack entangled.
Sorry, cant get pic to post now.