Random picture taken with a cellphone,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmp1

BANNED
You guys should see 300+ PSI on steel pipe with a rip across the top or one of those 2" plastic mains like in the pic, but on fire. It looks like a giant flame thrower.

I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore
Had a contractor hit a 12 inch with 2250 psi on it with a backhoe,he left it in place,and boogied,,,,we got over a hundred gas Lk calls,,,,the contractor who staked the main staked it wrong,,,,

Sixes

Had a contractor hit a 12 inch with 2250 psi on it with a backhoe,he left it in place,and boogied,,,,we got over a hundred gas Lk calls,,,,the contractor who staked the main staked it wrong,,,,
Most that I deal with now is about 600 that is cut to 355 PSI where I turn it into LNG and store it until needed

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’ve dealt with a propane tank, I’m satisfied with my lack of experience on high pressure fire.

Cmp1

BANNED
My family business was in the business of digging up and back filling old unused gas tanks at filling stations, rail yards, etc. In one year, we excavated more contaminated soil than anybody else in the state. Our guys were so good with the backhoe, that they could feel the pipes. They knew what they felt like since they were digging them up. Luckily we never had an accident with a gas line.
But once we dug out a tank in the center of downtown Duluth on the corner of highway 120th and Buford highway. We went to cutting a vent hole in it and the fumes inside exploded. It blew the bolted on manhole cover off the top. The cover went over the power lines and overe 5 lanes of Buford highway and landed in a parking lot across the street. We picked it up before anybody knew a thing… Everybody was out in the street looking for what happened but nobody knew a thing…
After that, we evacuated the fumes with a 100 pounds of dry ice in every tank we dug up…
Wow,,,,we used spotters if I or one of our guys dug close to a pipe or cable,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Most that I deal with now is about 600 that is cut to 355 PSI where I turn it into LNG and store it until needed
He Hit a high pressure transportation line,,,,I got to grind for the welder,,,,loved grinding,,,,but messy,,,,

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sky was on fire behind the house
a4IDpr6rklAycHt89CrZt1EcNwIl_8Cy0ujiGKQX3pClDNZAFL5SEA6y4wi6Pp4AplSKgPRaEpwcFyDxrrq4mPa8_JEegsJBMMw2rIjrYqTzW5EiMPEYdARiYaTUsn8KhDYDq4jelC6YVbf8uSwYQqXSJ6BORnn2FBbZwE7P28jBlPgEzu3ucwregz4KWJ4HY0UooBoUmlnvrkcRTP1BH2CBrpKHBcH1OsxZjSxOedZl6N48C7UEirevxwuFBddXbh7ALamsvQR8HHBdGi0PV1XAyt1BxwfDF4NZ4kcbxF57dBG8dw-jX6PM8J2XXswZYGGMRBjgbL5IrvN7qv11B4cpkxVfSL-krEz0-WSvaLj3bdXyIDtaFBXAf7oBtHiJMlLwCyZsUbKq5AicZXm1gfgHghx7YTVJDrwc4t3p1Q-NlWRsXMu-D2wVNrz76Y73vr3pnt6kVvUIUlXo5ou7LW-ECy0rWPWxu2GrOG64cFm-sMbVpppxH4JEWkU4YS0DQMN6FPmTIts5pbq7SuinIBgHQnzQIQ4zeNXWsmLLJyTFL2PWxys03BEIT15weUNhfTeOil1RCCotLKnN8-DdvEVs1FrwP9zP24VkT5e35JxmDC-_0-9KyBw42QaqQr9Mu3M8zqjIxO9LuZXgeLAdOtHGJwVbH7gThxfwRFPZBqvmEk0iWpPyYQ-X=w590-h944-no

Status
Not open for further replies.