Random thoughts

1gr8bldr

I made the comment to my wife this week about how I was no longer worried about the rest of the world. That it was a sense of freedom to have come to a place in my life where I thought of myself, my immediate family, and all the other things were not my problem. Having given my share, through dollars or time, I realized that I could not fix the world, and ultimately everyone has to figure it out for themselves. I stated that this was liberating, that I feel free to enjoy my life to the best of my ability. She never commented one way or the other. She's not an outspoken religious person yet strong in her faith. Two days later she calmly asked, So you don't believe in rewards in heaven, of which I replied, sure I do. It's a huge sign of faith to give of one's self in this life because you believe fully in the resurrection to another life.......... and then it hit me.............straight to the heart, how my attitude was not in line with being a Christian. The word Christian taking on a new character. I have missed this aspect of Christianity. Having done many good deeds because it was good, but never realizing that following Christ is more about the faith he had of the resurrection to another life. Therefore, he bought no stocks and bonds in this life. When I ponder over it..... wondering, thinking, do I want to give up my life for others. I honestly say no. Is this a lack of faith.... I say no, I fully believe in the resurrection and rewards to those whom have given their life for others. I observe people who do many good things....... But I know of no one who gives or gave 100%, except Jesus. Something to ponder over.....

Israel

BANNED
I made the comment to my wife this week about how I was no longer worried about the rest of the world. That it was a sense of freedom to have come to a place in my life where I thought of myself, my immediate family, and all the other things were not my problem. Having given my share, through dollars or time, I realized that I could not fix the world, and ultimately everyone has to figure it out for themselves. I stated that this was liberating, that I feel free to enjoy my life to the best of my ability. She never commented one way or the other. She's not an outspoken religious person yet strong in her faith. Two days later she calmly asked, So you don't believe in rewards in heaven, of which I replied, sure I do. It's a huge sign of faith to give of one's self in this life because you believe fully in the resurrection to another life.......... and then it hit me.............straight to the heart, how my attitude was not in line with being a Christian. The word Christian taking on a new character. I have missed this aspect of Christianity. Having done many good deeds because it was good, but never realizing that following Christ is more about the faith he had of the resurrection to another life. Therefore, he bought no stocks and bonds in this life. When I ponder over it..... wondering, thinking, do I want to give up my life for others. I honestly say no. Is this a lack of faith.... I say no, I fully believe in the resurrection and rewards to those whom have given their life for others. I observe people who do many good things....... But I know of no one who gives or gave 100%, except Jesus. Something to ponder over.....

Bless you brother, in appreciation through Christ our Lord.

Latest posts