Rattling horns ?

I used a rattle box back about 30 years ago on national forest in Hillsboro rattled up alittle 4 pointer the day before gun season opened. I was sitting in the woods observing and was playing around with it. I think I was about 16 years old.

godogs57

For rattling to work optimally, I’ve found the tighter the buck/doe ratio, the better it works. Rattling on the typical GA property with a 10:1 ratio….you’re fighting an uphill battle most (but not all) of the time.
I was blessed for many years to hunt on a plantation here that made every effort to keep the ratio at 1/1-1/2. Insane ruts there on that 12,000 acres. You’d rattle at the right time and see bucks coming in slobbering, itching for a fight. It was a beautiful sight!

Hunt other property nearby with the usual ratios and no rattling action.

frankwright

I remember those being sold years ago.
I have only had a few deer come into my rattling horns but my hunting partner has rattled in a good many in Lamar, Talbot and Pike counties.
He has rattled in and killed bucks in Archery,ML and Gun season.
He believes in them and uses them a lot, I guess that is why they work for him

whatman

I used a rattle box back about 30 years ago on national forest in Hillsboro rattled up alittle 4 pointer the day before gun season opened. I was sitting in the woods observing and was playing around with it. I think I was about 16 years old.
i liked the rattle box. my son rattled up a p&y with it in floyd county ga. about 2 years ago. i had had that thing for 30 years and rattled up 1 with it. don't know where it is now. i hope he still has it. those were invented in ga.

i liked the rattle box. my son rattled up a p&y with it in floyd county ga. about 2 years ago. i had had that thing for 30 years and rattled up 1 with it. don't know where it is now. i hope he still has it. those were invented in ga.
I didn’t know that.. that would have been how long ago it was that I used one ( 30 years ago)
I live up in Gordon county and was raised around this generally area Cartersville etc