Ravin crossbows

Mike 65

I’m looking at the Ravin r26 and r29. I have never owned a crossbow but due to shoulder issues and age I’m gonna start using one and hang up my bow.
Does anyone here shoot either of these?
Is there any advantage one has over the other?
I really don’t know much about crossbows. The only ones I have shot felt bulky and cumbersome, not something I’d want to tote around the woods.
Any input would be appreciated!

jbogg

The ravens are nice crossbows, but man what a price tag. I won’t rehash all the things that can go wrong when taking shots on game of 50 yards or more, but if you intended to limit your distance to inside 40 yards you could save a pile of money by considering something like the Wicked Ridge M 370. It’s built by Tenpoint, weighs 5 1/2 pounds, and is 9 inches axle to axle when cocked. After using my excaliber for eight years I recently purchased the wicked ridge to have something lighter weight and more compact for maneuvering in my tree saddle, or a ground blind. And at $570 including a decent scope, quiver, and three arrows it is a great value for the money.

Mike 65

Though they claim accuracy out to 100 yards I wouldn’t shoot a deer at that distance, to much can happen. 50 yards is not out of the question if everything Lines up right. The wicked ridge looks like a nice bow for the money.

Mike 65

I went with the r29. This thing is fast and accurat, easy to cock and uncock.
So far I’m Loving it. Looking forward to hunting season.
The trigger seems to be good but I don’t really have anything to compare it to.

Mike 65

Ravin R29
80 yards.
cant shoot at the same spot, you will damage some bolts.
Light weight and compact. I’m impressed and very happy with it.
Hard on the wallet but I believe buy once cry once, you’ll soon forget about the money. My 11 year old granddaughter is getting good with it as well.

Attachments

• ADBF5318-02CC-44DB-93EF-CE26504FA970.jpeg
    ADBF5318-02CC-44DB-93EF-CE26504FA970.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 14

shdw633

Ravin R29
80 yards.
cant shoot at the same spot, you will damage some bolts.
Light weight and compact. I’m impressed and very happy with it.
Hard on the wallet but I believe buy once cry once, you’ll soon forget about the money. My 11 year old granddaughter is getting good with it as well.

If I lived in the midwest where you have a 2 week gun season, 1 week ML and the rest is archery then I would agree, but since it is pretty much the reverse in Georgia I just don't do as much archery as I do rifle and ML so I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a Xbow. They are very nice though and if I won the lottery I would be all in, but I'll just stay with my Bruin 370 and 410 xbow for now.

Mike 65

If I lived in the midwest where you have a 2 week gun season, 1 week ML and the rest is archery then I would agree, but since it is pretty much the reverse in Georgia I just don't do as much archery as I do rifle and ML so I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a Xbow. They are very nice though and if I won the lottery I would be all in, but I'll just stay with my Bruin 370 and 410 xbow for now.
I hunt with a bow all season long. I tote a rifle some but very little.
You only go around this life once and you can’t take it with you so might as well spend it while ya got it. :cheers:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I hunt with a bow all season long. I tote a rifle some but very little.
You only go around this life once and you can’t take it with you so might as well spend it while ya got it. :cheers:

Somebody’s got to do it

"worthless:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Ok Mike, lets see that bad boy! And please use full size instead of thumbnails:biggrin2: