Rayonier got me!

Willbeezy

My cousin talked with Rayonier last night and they said to look on their website for land around the same size and they would transfer our lease. Thats nice of them but its just alittle to late in the game to change properties. We will find out Monday or Tuesday at the tax office who bought the property and then see if they will let us lease it from them. We have been in this one spot for so long and finally started seeing the rewards as far as quality bucks. Heck my food plot is the best it has ever been....The only bright spot for my hunting year now is that I get to go hunt a week in Kentucky. Hopefully I will get a chance at a nice buck, a buddy of mine is being kind enough to take me.

papachaz

I know it's late to be changing, but if they're willing to transfer the lease at least you'd have a place to hunt. sure wouldn't lease it from them next year though.

my thoughts when I said 'brown it's down' is you've probably agonized over letting some bucks walk through the years you've had that lease and now it's time to just take some of them with you when you go. not a 'taking it out on the deer' thing, just getting a chance to take some of the ones you've let walk. now if the new owners say you can still hunt, and maybe they'll keep leasing it to you, well that changes things

CountryBoy77

That scary to me wow. We have put tons of work and time into our 2500 acer rayioner lease. We also qdm and have put alot of money into it as well. Im very sorry to hear that man hope they let you hunt it this year.

BowHard

Banned
what do you mean too late to change properties??? I cant think of anything else id rather do with my time than scout properties. If n you do switch leases put your boots on the ground hang your stands and hunt!!! Its never too late and you never know what monsters one lease holds. good luck to ya!!

swalker1517

That scary to me wow. We have put tons of work and time into our 2500 acer rayioner lease. We also qdm and have put alot of money into it as well. Im very sorry to hear that man hope they let you hunt it this year.

All timber company lands are for sale wether they tell you or not. Leasing from large companies like rayonier has its pitfalls. Just part of the game now.

OrlandoBrent

The timber industry is going through lots of changes this past decade or so. Fewer integrated companies, more changing to REITs, looking for higher better use. Not many houses being built and newspapers going digital. Shareholders have been pressuring companies to figure out how to unlock value. No one should be thinking their lease is forever.

I'm not saying don't invest in improving your lease property, just understand that there is more risk now than there was a generation ago. You can go online and get a copy of timber companies annual report. They layout some of the dynamics in the industry.

If you want no risk, you'll need to buy your own property. Even then you have to hope that no endangered species are found on your land, or any of other risks associated with owning property.

I'm not an expert - just a leasee and small time shareholder in Plum Creek.

And like BowHard, I love exploring and scouting new properties, but I do understand others who get more of a kick out of developing properties.

Man ole man would I be hot. I'm afraid I might loose my civil side and the redneck would probly come out I won't say what I think i would to but to take money from someone like that is wrong. The right thing to do would be he timber company telling the buyers that the property is leased and would like to to honor the lease agreement till next year that's what should happen