Reach Out

Toliver

This thread is a list of folks volunteering their ears and shoulders to anyone who feels the need to talk to someone that has been there and done that and understands what you are going through. We are not talking about amateur psychology, just folks with similar experiences talking to each other.
Veterans, first responders, and civilians of all walks of life have at one time or another had a worse day or days. Some times the memories of those events can become a bother and just talking about it will help put ones mind at ease.
Please do not share openly in this thread as it is just a list.
Those that wish to volunteer just need to post .... "I'm here" or "I'm in" to put your name on the list.
Those reaching out just need to look at the list for the upper left hand corner of a volunteer's icon to be green showing that they are on line and start a conversation with them in a PM.
I have posted here that I recently retired from being a police officer. I have not posted about the affect the job had. I have been diagnosed by my therapist as suffering from depression and anxiety. At one time I was suicidal and almost did it in my cruiser one day. That fateful moment put me on a path of becoming involved in Peer Support and retiring from being the department’s team commander. Needless to say I believe in it wholeheartedly. My time on the job was colorful to say the least. I saw the aftermath of human violence and human negligence. I watched lives come to tragic ends and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I took lives and I saved lives. I beared witness to families torn apart and grieving. I started teaching mental health and dealing with a career in law enforcement to new recruits. I talk openly about my struggles in hopes that it helps someone else not get to the point I got to because I was taught to never ask for help lest you lose your job.

I am now part of a 501c3 called Creed of Ink. It is Tattoo therapy. I know many don't like tattoos but for those who get them, there is meaning to them and they absolutely help the healing process. This organization is for First Responders, Military Veterans and survivors of sex trafficking. If you know anyone in these groups who is truly struggling with their demons, you can reach out to me to help. We try to make it a listening session with a Peer to help them open up and guide them toward resources that can help them move forward. It's also done on a day the shop is normally closed so it's private without other employees or customers around. Just the artist, the peer and the client. If I happen to be the peer that sits in, I'll also have my service dog there as an added bonus. If you just want to help support the cause you can text MHA to 44321.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I have posted here that I recently retired from being a police officer. I have not posted about the affect the job had. I have been diagnosed by my therapist as suffering from depression and anxiety. At one time I was suicidal and almost did it in my cruiser one day. That fateful moment put me on a path of becoming involved in Peer Support and retiring from being the department’s team commander. Needless to say I believe in it wholeheartedly. My time on the job was colorful to say the least. I saw the aftermath of human violence and human negligence. I watched lives come to tragic ends and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I took lives and I saved lives. I beared witness to families torn apart and grieving. I started teaching mental health and dealing with a career in law enforcement to new recruits. I talk openly about my struggles in hopes that it helps someone else not get to the point I got to because I was taught to never ask for help lest you lose your job.

I am now part of a 501c3 called Creed of Ink. It is Tattoo therapy. I know many don't like tattoos but for those who get them, there is meaning to them and they absolutely help the healing process. This organization is for First Responders, Military Veterans and survivors of sex trafficking. If you know anyone in these groups who is truly struggling with their demons, you can reach out to me to help. We try to make it a listening session with a Peer to help them open up and guide them toward resources that can help them move forward. It's also done on a day the shop is normally closed so it's private without other employees or customers around. Just the artist, the peer and the client. If I happen to be the peer that sits in, I'll also have my service dog there as an added bonus. If you just want to help support the cause you can text MHA to 44321.
Thank you for your service and your help.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I won't say it was a bad day, ordered things for my expecting grandson in December and scouted for geese.

Say a prayer for my buddy, he was going to get out and be a preacher, nicest person you ever met. Instead, they offered him SSD school, died like a warrior after saving multiple lives by a sniper's bullet.

RIP Jimmy, until Valhalla.

Cool Hand Luke

I won't say it was a bad day, ordered things for my expecting grandson in December and scouted for geese.

Say a prayer for my buddy, he was going to get out and be a preacher, nicest person you ever met. Instead, they offered him SSD school, died like a warrior after saving multiple lives by a sniper's bullet.

RIP Jimmy, until Valhalla.

An American hero for sure :flag:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
We are still here with open ears and arms, regardless of military or public service, I am here.

Actually talked to one EMS responder today, blew me away, but they felt better after talking to me.