Real world powder coating?

Geezer Ray

Does anybody have any real experience with Eastwood powder coating their cast bullets? Sizing after powder coating or before? Leading your barrel issues or not? Glock says not to shoot cast lead bullets so I bought aftermarket barrel but wondering if powder coating versus lube and so on. Have you done it?

doomtrpr_z71

The other benefit to the coating is no smoke from the lube, I don't even bother with plated bullets anymore, the hitek coated Missouri bullet co does a great job and are a good bit cheaper. Even using them in +p loads in my scorpion hasn't led to any issues.

rosewood

I had leading issues in several guns before I started Powder Coating. That solved the issues. Also, the powder coat adds a bit of diameter so if your bullets were undersized, it makes them a bit bigger to fit your barrel.

I have gotten lazy though, haven't cast any lately, been using plated. Saving the stash of lead for emergencies and 45-70 boolits.

Rosewood

rosewood

Oh, and powder coat boolits are perfectly fine in Glock barrels. Even lubed cast are fine if you clean your barrel after each range trip.

Rosewood