Reality Check - 3spot with pure hunting gear

ASH556

I'm looking for some benchmarking feedback here. For a typical 10 end round of 20yd 3 spot, what is your score with true hunting gear? Not what fits in "bowhunter" class, but what you actually hunt with: Arrows, stab, rest, sight. Obviously there are probably guys that can still shoot 300's with their hunting gear, but for your average guy, not sponsored, just wanting to be responsible and ethical in taking game, what is a good, realistic score to shoot for?

Here's my most recent in the backyard shooting my old 2007 Archery Research AR32, QAD rest, Rocky Mountain 5 pin (.19) sight, Gold Tip Hunter's.

Gd7YPqBl.jpg

zttuJoel.jpg

Hunter922

Stack all the penny rings you want in tournaments. Looks like a bunch of deflated lungs to me...??

ddd-shooter

Clean up some of your flyers and you'll be above average I'd say.
I only ever shoot what hunt with, as I'm a hunter not a target guy. That said, I can usually hang at the top of the bowhunter class on most days.
The best test, for me, is to fire one arrow while you're cold. Let that be your judge, as you're only going to get one arrow at a whitetail. Also, I like to hold my bow back for as long as I possibly can (to practice waiting on a deer) and then fire one.

ASH556

Just a follow-up to this since we're in the off-season for hunting now. I was able to upgrade my bow finally and am now shooting a V3 31. Still a 100% hunting setup though. No lens/magnifier, no long stabilizer, no fat arrows (though I wouldn't mind messing with some to see how many of those 9's I could turn into 10's.

This afternoon's round netted a 293:

H9eLiBil.jpg

53XpZuVl.jpg

Ihunt

Good shooting.
No expert here but looks like most of your missed are left. May tweak your sight a little and pick up a few points

Ihunt

So what’s the basic “rules” for this?
3 spots, 20 yards, 10 arrows into each spot, tally score?

ASH556

So what’s the basic “rules” for this?
3 spots, 20 yards, 10 arrows into each spot, tally score?
Pretty much

Kris87

The Vegas spot you're shooting is hard to shoot a 300 on. The more common NFAA face isn't that hard.

Latest posts