Rebarrel cost

mwood1985

I've got a Mauser 98 being built now. Barrel fitted a timney trigger with safety a bolt shroud without a safety a stock he had that looks nice inletted and refinished and the action and barrel ceracoated is gonna cost me 800 out the door

wallacem

I suggest buying another gun like you want, then sell your 243. It should be about a break even. That is the easiest, cheapest way to do it. Wallacem in Ga.

HughW2

Yep avg barrel blank is $350-450. Then gunsmith time and effort to chamber and crown. I would estimate $700 and that doesn’t figure for blueing or cerakote. Bugholes.com is a good website to check out several makers of barrels and he will give estimates of gunsmithing labor costs.

Big7

The Oracle
I've got a Mauser 98 being built now. Barrel fitted a timney trigger with safety a bolt shroud without a safety a stock he had that looks nice inletted and refinished and the action and barrel ceracoated is gonna cost me 800 out the door
What caliber did you go with?

I love Mausers.

Buckstop

I’ve had a few rebarreled. Its about as pricey as adding a second used or cheaper new factory rifle. But they seldom are going to shoot anywhere near what a rebarreled rifle will shoot with a quality barrel. Have had a couple cerakoted but usually just do a sand blasted finish in stainless. Between that and a quality aftermarket trigger, you turn an average rifle into something special.

Bobby Bigtime

Check out McGowan barrels here in Montana they are fast, competitive and do awesome work. I have never heard a complaint they did a 6.5-06 for me a few years back it shot great.

Reactions: rmp

rosewood

One thing to consider, if you plan on keeping the custom built rifle, then the cost is kind of moot if you get what you want. But if you ever decide to sell it, you will likely never get your money back.

Rosewood

Last edited: