Rebuilt and suppressed 30-30

WoodlandScout82

A guy bought this old Glenfield 30A (marlin 336) that he bought at a pawn shop for $150. He wanted it rebuilt, and modified so he could fit an AAC compensator and his suppressor. It was is bad shape, had never been cleaned, and the wood looked terrible. This is the finished product.
-Extreme deep cleaning. Inside and out
-Hand-lapped action
-light lapping of the micro groove bore and chamber
-refinished wood down to 000 steel wool, finished with tung oil
-shortened magazine tube
-barrel threaded 5/8-24 on my lathe
-compensator modified accordingly
The last picture with the suppressor came from him. Another very satisfied customer
20180912_224315.jpg20180912_224120.jpg20180912_224231.jpgIMG_20180913_163552_779.jpg

GeorgiaBob

Not sure how "suppressed" a 30-30 is gonna' be. Even with that big can, the bullet is big and supersonic and noisy. On the other hand your work is beautiful. I like the clean smooth work on both the receiver and the stock. And that's the unvarnished truth! ;)

WoodlandScout82

Not sure how "suppressed" a 30-30 is gonna' be. Even with that big can, the bullet is big and supersonic and noisy. On the other hand your work is beautiful. I like the clean smooth work on both the receiver and the stock. And that's the unvarnished truth! ;)
The owner loads his own sub-sonics. And Thank you, it's a hobby I enjoy?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Thats pretty much they way I feel about it even if you do load your own sub-sonics. I think the threading for muzzle break is cool too. That front sight looks awful close to not being functional with the can though.

WoodlandScout82

Thats pretty much they way I feel about it even if you do load your own sub-sonics. I think the threading for muzzle break is cool too. That front sight looks awful close to not being functional with the can though.
The irons are clear with just the compensator, but not the can. The owner is adding an optic and base that will clear the suppressor.