Recall Blues! Rossi/Taurus lives up to its rep.

GunnSmokeer

My original Taurus PT-111Ti, with a TITANIUM slide and factory night sights, was confiscated by Taurus under their "recall" over safety concerns. I didn't send it back to them for that reason-- I only wanted them to replace or adjust the ejector so it would stop slinging brass right back into my face. (Even when the gun was new it would throw them just past my ear, missing my head by only a couple inches).
What Taurus sent me, after a year of waiting, was a stainless-steel G2. That's the closest thing to what I had, I understand. But it didn't have night sights. And the trigger was different. And the gun's much heavier, due to the weight difference between titanium and stainless steel (though that makes it softer-shooting, and gives me tighter groups during rapid fire drills). But the bottom line is that I paid $425 for the gun that I returned to them, and the one they sent me sells for no more than $250 (being stainless, remember).

I'll still consider recommending Taurus guns for those on a tight budget, and IF those guns fit the person's hand and fingers very well. But if some Taurus gun and some other brand gun with a better reputation both fit a person's hand equally well, I'll go with the other brand.

rosewood

No doubt, you got screwed with the replacement.

What was the "safety concern". Has that model gun failed in a catastrophic way?

Rosewood

Big7

The Oracle
There’s a reason why some guns cost less than others. Taurus is a good example

You would never know that by the way my PT-111 Millennium Pro has performed the past 15+ years. No telling how many +P and +P+ have been put through that thing.

I bought a brand new Gen3 (full size) a couple months ago. Haven't shot it much.
Probably will sell or trade it. It feels and handles like a GLOCK- which I can't stand.

Fortunately, I have 3 Rugers and a Colt, in addition to the proven Millennium Pro that are more than suitable carry options.